You have a Game Pass subscription and are quite excited to try an EA game title but turns out you cannot install the game due to error 0xa3ea00ca with the following type of message:
There can be many factors leading to the error code 0xa3ea00ca but it is mainly linked to one reason:
- EA Account: If due to a glitch on your system or network, the Game Pass app on your system cannot communicate with the EA servers, it may lead to the EA error at hand.
Relink Your EA Account
The error code 0xa3ea00ca could be the result of a temporary glitch of the EA account and as a result, your system cannot query the EA servers. In this case, relinking the EA account may solve the EA games issue.
- Launch a web browser and head to the EA website.
- Now log in using your EA credentials and then click on the user icon in the top right.
- Then click on Account Settings and in the left pane, head to the Connections tab.
- Now in front of the Xbox, click on Unlink and checkmark the I Understand and Wish to Continue box.
- Then click on Unlink and once unlinked, reboot your device.
- Upon reboot, relink the accounts and check if the 0xa3ea00ca error is cleared.
Install Through the EA Desktop App
If the game pass PC app shows you the error code 0xa3ea00ca, then using the EA App for Windows to install the EA games may solve the problem. Keep in mind that the EA app is still in public beta, so, it can be a bit buggy at times.
- Launch a web browser and head to the EA app page of the EA website.
- Now click on Download and let the download complete.
- Once downloaded, launch the EA app’s setup and follow the prompts to install the EA App.
- Once installed, launch the EA desktop app and log in using your EA accounts.
- Now click on Link Accounts and then link your Xbox account to the EA account.
- Now try to install a game through the EA app and hopefully, you can install it without error code 0xa3ea00ca.