Spoiler tags are used for many different community-based platforms. It is pretty useful to hide a part of the message or the entire message from users who may not want to read it. Discord already has the spoiler tags available and you can easily use them in servers or direct messages. In this article, we will show you methods through which you can add spoiler tags for text, images, videos, and any other files.
Using Spoilers for Text on Discord
You can use spoiler tags in discord to send a hidden text. This is best used in communities where the message can be a spoiler for some users. You can either hide a part of the message or the entire message. In the below steps, we have mentioned all the possible methods to add the spoiler tags on discord. Most of them also work similarly on other platforms like the discord app for phones.
- Open your Discord application by double-clicking the shortcut or searching it through the Windows search feature.
Note: Login to your discord account if you are not already logged in.
- Select a direct message or text channel in a server and click on the typing area. Now type the spoiler message, add the double vertical bars “||” symbol at the start and at the end of the message as shown.
||This is a testing for spoiler message||
- Another way to type a message as a spoiler is by typing the spoiler command. Type the following command and then the message. Press the tab key after typing “/spoiler” or simply click on the suggested tag.
/spoiler This is a testing for spoiler message
- You can even try one more method. Type the message in the text area, select the text, and you will get additional options. Now click on the Spoiler icon as shown in the below screenshot.
Note: This one may not be available on the discord application for the phone.
- Once you are done, simply send the message as a spoiler.
Using Spoilers for Uploaded Files
Spoiler tags are also used for the uploaded files on discord. If you are uploading an image, video, or any other files, you can mark them as spoilers while uploading. Mark as spoiler option appears right before uploading the file. However, this option is only available for desktop applications and browser discord. If you are using discord on phone, you will have to try another method to add spoiler tags. Follow the below steps and see how it works:
- Open your discord application on the desktop through the shortcut. If you don’t have the application installed, you can also use it in the browser.
Note: Sign in to your discord, if you are not logged in yet.
- Open the direct message or a channel in the server to send a file. Click on the Plus + icon in the new message area and choose the Upload a File option.
- Search for the image, video, or any type of file that you want to send and select it.
- Click on the Mark as spoiler checkbox to upload the file as a spoiler. Finally, click on the Upload button to send the file.
- For phone users, there is no such option available to mark as a spoiler. You need to go to your gallery or file location and rename the file accordingly.
- Change the name of the file by putting “SPOILER_” at the start of the name. Make sure to write it in uppercase form as shown below.
- Now you can use the similar above steps to upload the file and send it on discord. It will be automatically marked as a spoiler.