You might want to delete multiple unwanted contacts to organize your contacts, or you just don’t want someone’s mobile number in your iPhone. Deleting multiple contacts is necessary sometimes. However, iPhone doesn’t have any option that allows you to delete multiple contacts at once. But there is no need to worry, as we have mentioned some workarounds below that you can try for yourself.
Delete Multiple Contacts by Using a Mac
You can use a Macbook to delete multiple contacts from your iPhone. As they both are synced together when you delete multiple contacts from your Macbook, the same contacts will also be deleted from your iPhone.
- Launch the System Preferences on Mac and open iCloud.
- Then, launch Applications on Mac and open the Contacts app.
- Now View All Contacts, hold the Command button on Macbook and click on the contacts to be deleted (one by one).
- Once the desired contacts are selected, right-click and select Delete Cards.
- Then confirm to delete the cards, and once the contacts are synced back to iPhone, the contacts will be removed from iPhone.
Delete Multiple Contacts by Using a Windows PC/Laptop
You can also delete multiple contacts from your iPhone by using a Windows computer or laptop through iCloud’s website. Follow these steps:
- Launch a web browser and head over to the iCloud website.
- Now log in using the same account as your iPhone. Then open the “Contacts” Section.
- Hold the Ctrl key and select the contacts to be deleted (one by one).
- Once the required contacts are selected, hit the Delete key and then confirm to delete the contacts.
- After the sync operation completes on iPhone, multiple contacts will be removed from the phone.
Use a Third-party App to Delete Multiple Contacts
There are some apps that provide the functionality to delete multiple contacts from your iPhone, we have listed some options for you to try out below:
- Cleaner for iPhone
- CopyTrans Contacts
- Delete Contacts+ app
- Cleanup Duplicate Contacts
- Cinder App
- Simpler Contacts Management
For illustration, we will discuss the process of deleting multiple contacts through the Groups app.
- Install the Contacts Groups app and launch it. Make sure to allow the Groups app to access the iPhone’s Contacts.
- Now open All Contacts and mark the contacts to be deleted. Keep in mind that the free version only allows the deletion of 10 contacts at once.
- Then open Choose Action and tap on Delete Contacts.
- Now confirm to delete the contacts by tapping Remove from My iPhone and the contacts will be deleted.