Cricut design space not working issue arise when the application gets outdated, or you may not meet the minimum application’s requirements. An unstable internet connection and incorrect network settings might be the leading cause of your Cricut Design Space Not Working or launching.
More reasons can trigger this issue. We have described in detail below:-
- Interference of the Antivirus– Sometimes, the third-party antivirus software or Windows defender could block some files due to suspicious activity. Therefore, you have to allow applications through the firewall.
- Incorrect Network Settings- Incorrect network settings and corrupted network adapters can lead applications not to launch if the application requires an internet connection.
- Outdated Application- Cricut Design Space occasionally gets updated, and when the user tries to launch it, It won’t launch due to the obsolete version. Therefore, you have to update the application.
- Corrupted Cache Files- It has been mentioned as a solution on the official Cricut Design space website that corrupted cache files cause issues regarding Design Space not loading up or it has a blank screen.
1. Check Minimum Requirements
There might be a problem when users try to run an application without meeting the minimum requirements. You may need to upgrade if you do not meet the minimum application requirements.
Check whether you do not meet the application requirements.
- Windows® 10 or later*
- CPU: Intel™ Dual-Core or equivalent AMD® processor
- RAM: 4GB
- 2 GB free disk space
- An available USB port or Bluetooth® connection
- Display: Minimum 1024px x 768px screen resolution
2. Check Internet Connection
Cricut design space requires a stable internet connection. If your internet is unresponsive, you could be facing this issue due to a bad internet connection. Wait until the connection gets stable. While waiting, you can check the internet speed to ensure the problem is not related to your internet. Your internet speed must be 2 Mbps or above to run Design Space.
- To check internet speed, open your reliable browser and search for a speed test
- Open the first link, and check the internet speed
3. Reset Network Settings
Bad network settings, the wrong DNS server, and corrupted network adapters are the main causes that can slow internet speed or even prevent internet connection from working. To ensure the issue is not coming from your side, you can reset network settings through Command Prompt.
- To reset network settings, click Start Menu and type Command Prompt
- Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run As Administrator from the listed options
- Now insert the following commands one by one to reset network settings
ipconfig /release ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /renew netsh int ip reset netsh winsock reset
- Restart your system and check if the issue is resolved.
- If this method does not work, you may need to apply advanced troubleshooting to your network
4. Allow Application through Firewall
Windows Defender can block or deletes program files if the program is suspicious or consuming high memory usage. Cricut Design Space might be blocked from the firewall settings. To avoid this, you have to allow application in firewall settings.
- To allow the application to a firewall, click the Start Menu and type Control Panel in the search bar
- Open Control Panel, and navigate System and Security > Windows Defender Firewall
- Click Allow An App or Feature Through Windows Defender Firewall from the left sidebar
- Click Change Settings and find the Circuit Design Space under Allowed Apps and Features
- In case you are unable to find Circuit Design Space, click Allow Another App from the bottom right
- Click Browse and navigate to the location whether you installed Circuit Design Space. By default the program installed in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Programs\Cricut Design Space
- Select Circuit Design Space file and click Open then click Add
- Once done, make sure to check both boxes under Private and Public
- Once you have done, click OK and check if the Circuit Design Space still not working.
5. Avoid VPN
The users have observed that VPNs can cause issues whenever the application tries to run. Therefore avoid any VPN, which can cause problems.
- To Uninstall VPN, go to settings by pressing the Windows + I keys at the same time
- Click Apps from the left pane and navigate to the Apps & Features
- Scroll down to the VPN you want to uninstall and click Three Dots on the right
- Click Uninstall then again click Uninstall to confirm the action
- Once done check if the issue persists.
6. Use Google DNS
A slow internet connection speed can be increased by applying Google DNS to the network. Google DNS was introduced to boost internet performance, which may fix the Cricut Design Space Not Working issue and improve network connection.
- To use a Google DNS, click Start Menu, and type Settings in the search bar
- Open Settings, and navigate to Network & Internet from the left pane
- Click Advanced Network Settings then click More Network Adapters under Related Settings
- This will take you to the network control panel, right-click on your connection, and select Properties
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPV4) and click Properties
- Once the page loads up, check the radio button named Use the Following DNS Server Addresses
- Now put the following DNS addresses in both boxes
- Once done Press Ok and check if the Circuit Design Space is working.
7. Disable Proxy Server
A Proxy Server works as a gateway between the server and the computer. It is similar to a VPN in hiding user information on the internet. You may face network connectivity issues due to the enabled proxy in your system.
If you are confused between the proxy server and VPN, you may need to read What is the Difference Between a Proxy and VPN?
Follow the steps to disable the Proxy Server:-
- Click Start Menu and type Settings
- Open Settings and click Network & Internet from the left pane
- Navigate to Proxy, and turn off Automatically Detect Settings
- Click Set Up under Manual Proxy Setup
- If the proxy is enabled, disable it by toggling off Use a Proxy server
- Once all is done, check if the issue is fixed.
8. Clean Reinstall Application
Outdated application is the main reason for the Design Space Application not Working correctly. When the Design Space gets updated, it won’t launch on your computer due to the coming update. Therefore, you can’t update the application unless you reinstall it.
8.1 Uninstall Cricut Design Space
- To uninstall Cricut Design Space, go to settings by pressing the Windows + I keys simultaneously
- Once the settings page loads up, navigate to Apps > Apps & Features
- Scroll down to Circuit Design Space and click Three Dots on the right
- Select Uninstall from the listed options
- A short Windows will pop up, click Uninstall to confirm the action.
8.2 Clear Application Cache
- Now it’s time to clear the application cache. Follow the further instruction.
- Click Start Menu and type File Explorer
- Open File Explorer, and click This Pc from the left pane
- Navigate to C Drive and click Users
- Open your User folder and navigate to .cricut-design-space
- Note: The name of the user folder will change for every user
- Open the folder named LocalData
- Here use Ctrl + A to select all files within the folder and press Shift + Delete keys at the same time to permanently delete those files
- Restart your computer.
8.3 Install Cricut Design Space
- Download Circuit Design Space
- Once the downloading is finished, open the Circuit Design Space installer and check if the Circuit Design Space still not working.