Like most PIXMA multifunction series machines, Canon PIXMA MG3620 lets you connect it to your Wi-Fi wireless network. Everyone in your home or office can share this printer without the need to install cables all around the place. Follow this procedure to connect your printer to your wireless Wi-Fi network and configure it to use wirelessly.
Before starting the installation process, make sure that you are logged in as an administrator and you have saved your work and closed other programs.
How to Connect MG3620 wirelessly using Printer’s Control Panel
- If the printer is performing a printing, cleaning, alignment, or any other task, wait for the process to finish. If the Wi-Fi light on the printer is flashing, press the Stop button [B]
- Press and hold the Wi-Fi Button [A] on the printer until the ON light [B] flashes.
- Press the Color button [C] and then the Wi-Fi button. Make sure that the Wi-Fi light is flashing and the ON light is lit.
- To continue the wireless setup, you need to install the drivers and accompanying software on your computer. Follow these steps to install the drivers and software.
- Insert the software CD into the CD Drive. The setup program will start automatically. If it does not, browse to the CD-ROM folder and run the exe. Alternatively, you can Canon MG3620 software from the Canon website.
- If any dialogue boxes by Windows User Account Control or your antivirus/firewall appear, allow the installation.
- Click Start Setup button on the first screen.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and select your country, license agreement, etc. You will reach Select Connection Method Choose Wireless LAN Connection and click Next.
- On the next screen, select Connect via wireless router (recommended) radio button and then click Next.
- The following screens will appear in order. Make sure that you confirm that your Canon PIXMA3620 is selected in all of them. You can verify the serial number by looking at the sticker on the back of your printer.
Check Power Printers on Network list (Make sure printer is selected here) Connection Completed Setup Complete
- Software Installation List will appear. Select the optional software that you want to install and click Next.
- Installation completed successfully screen will appear. Click Exit to complete the setup.