Netflix’s meteoric rise can be largely attributed to its original programs, but not entirely. Just in 2017, the streaming service has spent over $6 billion dollars on original content alone. I binge a lot on my Smart TV, but I keep coming back to Netflix even though I have an HBO Go subscription. I come back mostly because the Netflix app is so much easier to use. Setting aside the content list, Netflix has one of the best user interfaces currently available on premium content streaming sites.
Everything is so intuitive, from the informative synopsis to the video preview, it all makes up for a care-free binging experience. Regardless of the platform you use, Netflix will remember what you watched and enables you to resume your binging from right where you left it. Even more, it has a Continue Watching section that will feature a selection with all the shows/movies that you have started watching.
Even if this makes things easier, it also introduces a potential problem. What if you start a new TV show but you quickly realize that you don’t like it? It could also be that you’re sharing the account with your someone else and you don’t want them to know what you’re watching. For all these situations, you’ll be pleased to know there is a way to remove shows from the Continue Watching list.
UPDATE: With the latest update that Netflix rolled out, clearing the Continue Watching list is now possible on all platforms.
However, the process of removing items from the Continue Watching list is different depending on the platform that you’re using Netflix on. The good news is, we have prepared 2 extensive guides that will walk you through the whole process whether you’re streaming content via a mobile device (Android or iOS) or from Windows or macOS.
Method 1: How to Clear Continue Watching list on PC / macOS
- Log in to your Netflix account and select your profile.
- Locate your profile name in the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll all the way down to My Profile and tap on Viewing Activity.
- You should see a list of all the movies and TV shows you watched in chronological order. At this point, click the X button to remove a certain show from all your devices.
- To prevent a TV show from appearing in the Continue Watching list, you need to click on Remove Series. It might take up to 24 hours until the show you removed will stop appearing on all platforms.
- Now you can return to the home screen. The Continue Watching list should not contain the show you’ve just removed.
Method 2:How to Clear Continue Watching list on Android / iOS
- Open Netflix, sign in with your account, then access the profile that you want to delete Continue Watching listings on.
- Access the Home tab, then scroll down all the way to the Continue Watching category.
- Once you arrive at the correct location, tap on the action button (three-dot icon) associated with the listing that you want to remove from the Continue Watching list.
- From the newly appeared content menu, tap on Remove from Row, then confirm by tapping on Ok at the following prompt.