Since after the release, Battlefield 2042 is not free from issues and errors. Many users reported they are seeing the “Battlefield 2042 Settings not saving” problem while saving your settings in the gameplay. The problem is likely to appear on various platforms like Windows, Xbox, and PlayStation. As per the gamers, when they try leaving the game for joining another game server, they need to change the settings but are unable to save the settings. This is really frustrating issue and reported by users worldwide.
After investigating we find out that there are many different reasons responsible for the Battlefield 2042 Settings not saving and intro starting every time you boot game. Well, there is no official fix released by the game developers to solve the game. However, our experts have looked into the problem and shared some of the possible solutions that worked for several affected users to get past the error. But before starting with the solutions it is important to understand what is causing the error. So, first, find out the common culprits that trigger the error.
- Missing Administrative Rights – Running the game with local rights are more likely to cause errors. As you are missing the permission to change and save the file and save the settings. So, make sure you are running the game with administrative rights.
- Antivirus problem – If you are using a 3rd party antivirus program or using the Windows Defender Firewall can prevent certain game features to work. So, check for the antivirus program and disable antivirus temporarily on your Windows system.
- OneDrive Issues – The OneDrive is causing a problem for many people as it stops the game from functioning properly and stop it from editing or saving anything. In this case, closing OneDrive on your system may work for you.
- Issues with the user account – In some cases when the Windows user name is having some special characters it is more likely to cause a problem with the Battlefield 2042 game and stop it from saving the settings and is more likely to cause errors.
So, you are aware of the common reasons triggering the error in the Battlefield 2042 game, here it is suggested to try the solutions listed that worked for several affected users to get past the error in their case.
Run Game as Admin
If you are missing the administrative privilege, you are more likely to face this sort of problem. Check if you are running Battlefield 2042 as a local user account. Many users confirmed the problem is related to the permission and due to this it stops the user from saving or changing the settings or even Battlefield 2042 won’t start.
So, check if you are not running the game as admin then run Battlefield 2042 and origin as admin. Follow the steps to do so:
- First, go to the Battlefield 2042 installation folder.
- The right clicks on the file bf.exe and choose Properties from the menu
- Now choose the tab named Compatibility and then below rick mark next to Run this program as an administrator and then click on OK
Now to run the Origin app as an admin, right-click on the Origin icon and from the menu choose Run as administrator. Once it is launched as admin, check if you are able to save the settings or not. If still seeing the Battlefield 2042 Settings not saving error, then head to the next potential solution.
Remove the Temp Games Files
The already saved games files might be what causing the problem and stopping battlefield 2042 from saving your settings. These temporary files get corrupted or damaged after a certain time period and cause conflict with other files and stop it from running. So in this solution, it is suggested to remove the temp part from the file PROFSAVE_tmp”. This simple trick worked for many gamers.
Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Click on the File Explorer icon in the taskbar and navigate to the Documents folder.
- Now navigate to the Battlefield 2042 folder and click on the Settings.
- In this folder find the file named as PROFSAVED_tmp file, now right-click on it and from the list of options locate _tmp file and remove it
- Then it the Enter key and click on the save option.
Now check if you are able to save the settings or not or head to the next solution.
Allow Game Files through Antivirus
Many times, the antivirus program conflicts with the game files and stop them from running, and this is what cause errors in some cases. Moreover, many third-party antivirus security programs detect the game files as malicious programs and won’t allow them to run. So, check if you are running a third-party antivirus then just allow the game files from the antivirus and check if the error is still showing.
To do so follow the steps mentioned below:
- Click on the Start menu and then go to Settings.
- Click on the Update and Security option and then go to the Windows Security option.
- Now click on the option Virus & threat protection and locate the option Manage Ransomware protection
- Now click on Allow an app through Controlled Folder Access.
- Add an allowed app and choose to browse all apps.
- Here you will see a new window appears, go to the C drive and click on Program Files (x860 >> Origin Games.
- After that click on the Battlefield 2042 folder and choose BF2042.exe now click on Open
- Again, click on the option + Add an allowed app and then choose the Browse all apps option. Now a new window appears.
- Here you need to choose the file BF2042Trial.exe and click on the Open option
- Again hit on the + Add an allowed app and then Browse all apps. And in the new window that opens
- Choose the file BF2042_launcher.exe and click on the Open option
And as the entire Battlefield 2042 game files are added to the antivirus exclusion list. Launch the game, and then check if the error is still prompting in the game or not.
Many Battlefield 2042 players confirmed that the problem is related to the OneDrive as this conflicts with the game files and settings and as a result, you are unable to close it. Therefore closing OneDrive and after launching, the game and changing the settings and saving it worked for many.
So follow the steps to close OneDrive mentioned below:
- Right, Click on the OneDrive icon in the taskbar.
- Now select the account and select Unlink this PC option.
- Next check if the error is still prompting or not.
Check your Windows User Name
Well, this is a rare solution but still can be a culprit in causing the error, so if still seeing the problem then check if your user account name of the Windows is having any special characters. This is likely to cause the problem so it is best to delete your old Windows user name and create a new users account and then launch the game.
- Click on the Start button and then choose Settings
- After that click the Accounts option and then select the option Family & other users.
- Here you need to click the option “Add someone else to this PC”
- And then click on the option Add a user without a Microsoft account
- Next follow the onscreen instructions for creating a new user’s account name, and make sure not to use any special letter or characters in the new user account name
Now reboot your system to save the changes and once the system boots, relaunch the game and check if the Battlefield 2042 settings not saving issue is solved or not.
Bonus Solution: Delete the Settings Folder
It is estimated the fixes given work for you to solve the error in your case but if still dealing with the error, then deleting the settings folder and relaunching the game may work for you.
To do so simply go to the My Document folder and here locate the BF4 folder and then in the folder find the Settings folder, right-click on it and choose delete.
Once it is deleted try launching the battlefield 2042 game. As the settings folder gets deleted it will go in the default state and stay the next time you make any changes and save without showing any error.