The Bally Sports app may encounter issues after updating the app or the OS. These problems can arise on various supported platforms such as PCs, TVs, phones, consoles, and streaming sticks. Sometimes, a password change can trigger these issues. In other instances, the app may exhibit video errors like excessive zooming, misalignment, freezing, buffering, or the absence of sound.
- Check the status of Bally Sports services.
- Confirm you are using the Bally Sports app on a supported device.
- If experiencing sound issues, test the audio by connecting the device to a Bluetooth device like Airpods. Disconnect after the test.
1. Relaunch the Bally Sports App After Force Closing It
A crashed app module may cause the Bally Sports app to malfunction. Force closing and relaunching the app can resolve this issue.
- Exit Bally Sports and double-tap the Home button on the Apple TV remote.
- Swipe to the Bally Sports app and swipe up to close it.
- Reopen Bally Sports to check if the issue has been resolved.
2. Change the Video Quality of the Stream
Issues may arise if your network speed doesn’t support the current video quality. Adjusting this setting may fix the problem.
- Open the Bally Sports app and start a stream.
- Modify the quality setting to a lower option, such as from 4K to 1080p, and see if the issue is resolved.
3. Restart the Device or TV
Communication module malfunctions can prevent Bally Sports from operating. Restarting your device or TV might help rectify the situation.
- Turn off the device or TV and the router.
- Unplug their power cords and wait for one minute.
- Reconnect the power cords and turn on the router.
- Switch on the device or TV and open Bally Sports to check for proper functionality.
4. Update the Device’s OS
An outdated OS can cause compatibility issues with the Bally Sports app. Updating the OS can solve this problem.
- Navigate to Apple TV Settings > System > Software Updates.
- Look for updates and install them if available.
- Restart the TV afterward and launch Bally Sports to confirm if it’s functioning suitably.
5. Use a VPN or Try Another Network
If an ISP is blocking the app’s access to the servers, using a VPN or connecting to a different network might resolve the issue.
- Disconnect from the current network and restart your device.
- Connect to another network, like a mobile phone’s hotspot, and open Bally Sports to see if it works.
- If the issue remains, install and open a VPN app.
- Connect to a server where Bally Sports is supported and then try launching the app to see if the issue is resolved.
6. Check the App Permissions
If Bally Sports lacks certain permissions, such as Location, the app may not work correctly since it delivers content based on your location. Granting the necessary permissions can fix this.
- Open Device Settings, navigate to Applications > Bally Sports > Permissions.
- Enable all necessary permissions, particularly Location, and make sure the device’s Location service is on.
- Reopen Bally Sports to check if the problem has been solved.
7. Change the DNS Settings of the Device
Invalid DNS settings can hinder the Bally Sports app’s functionality. Updating these settings can rectify the issue.
- Go to Settings > General > Network > select Ethernet or Wi-Fi > Configure DNS.
- Choose Manual and enter the following DNS addresses:
- Hit Done, restart your TV, and then open Bally Sports to see if it is working properly.
8. Re-log into the Bally Sports App
When authorization issues occur, the Bally Sports app may struggle to load content. Re-logging can resolve these issues.
- Open the Bally Sports app and visit your profile.
- Choose Sign Out and confirm the action.
- Restart your device and sign back in, using the correct login method, such as Bally Sports Plus or TV Provider, and check if the app is functioning.
- If the problem persists, sign out of Bally Sports, restart the TV, install your TV provider’s app like DirecTV, and log in.
- Open Bally Sports and use TV provider credentials to sign in. Check if the issue has been resolved.
- Should issues continue, log out from the app on the problematic device, then restart it.
- Sign into Bally Sports on another device (e.g., a browser on a PC) and visit your account page.
- Select Log out of all devices and then log back in on the other device (like the PC).
- Finally, launch Bally Sports on the original device and sign in. Check for resolution of the problem.
9. Clear the App Cache and Wipe the TV’s Cache Partition
Invalid app cache or incorrect cache partition configurations can affect the app’s performance. Clearing the cache can address these issues.
Clear the App Cache
- Navigate to Fire TV Settings, select Applications > Bally Sports.
- Choose Clear Cache and open Bally Sports to see if the problem is fixed.
Wipe The Cache Partition
- Turn off the TV and disconnect the power cord.
- Hold down the power button.
- Continue holding the power button while you reconnect the power cord.
- Release the button when the Android Recovery Screen appears.
- Using the TV buttons, navigate to Wipe Cache Partition, then press Power to start the wipe process.
- Once complete, select Restart, then launch Bally Sports to verify its functionality.
10. Reinstall the Bally Sports App
Damaged app modules may prevent Bally Sports from functioning correctly. Reinstalling the app can resolve these issues.
- Select the Bally Sports app on Roku’s Home screen and press the * button on the remote.
- Choose Remove Channel and confirm your decision.
- Proceed to Roku Settings > System > Power.
- Select Restart, and after your Roku restarts, reinstall Bally Sports.
- Open and sign in to check if the issue has been resolved.
11. Reset the Device
Problems with the Bally Sports app may originate from incorrect module configurations in your device. Resetting it to factory defaults can resolve this.
Before performing a reset, ensure that you back up any essential data, as the process will erase everything.
- Go to Settings and select System > Reset.
- Choose Reset and confirm to restore the Apple TV to its original state.
- After the reset, configure the TV, reinstall Bally Sports, and log in to check for proper functionality.
If the issue still exists, reach out to Bally Sports customer support for further assistance. Until then, you can access content via the company’s website or stream it on your TV using another device.