Autotune is a piece of software that measures and alters pitch in the vocals. Autotune is used to correct the singer’s wavering pitch and bad notes. However, some users are looking for the Autotune feature in the Audacity that isn’t available by default. In this article, we will show you the methods to install the Autotune plugin in Audacity.
Installing Autotune Plugin in Audacity
Audacity does not have the Autotune plugin of its own. However, you can install some third-party plugins for your Audacity. Installing plugins is easy, the user just needs to copy the plugin files in the Audacity plugins folder. There are many Autotune plugins that Audacity supports and you can use the one you like. Down below we have mentioned some of the best free Autotune plugins that you can try to use in Audacity.
Installing GSnap VST Pitch Correction Plugin in Audacity
GSnap is an Autotune plugin that users can use in their audio editing programs. By using the GSnap, users can correct the pitch of vocals or create robotic voice effects for fun. The GSnap will work better with the simple audio material. It can take more time if the audio is full of complex material with rapid notes. The GSnap will be downloaded as a zip file and it will be containing a single DLL file that you can copy to the Audacity Plugin folder as shown below:
- Open the browser and download the GSnap Free VST pitch-correction for Audacity.
- Extract the zip file and open the folder.
- Copy the GSnap.dll file and paste it into the Audacity plugin folder as shown below:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\Plug-Ins
- Open the Audacity application by double-clicking the shortcut. If it was already running during the copy process, then restart it.
- Click on the Tools menu in the menu bar and choose Add / Remove plug-ins option. Scroll down, select the GSnap and click on the Enable button. Then click the Ok button.
Note: If you get the ‘fails to register’ error, then make sure you download the 32-bit GSnap.
- Now open any of the audio files by clicking the File menu and choosing Open option or you can record. Then click on the Effect menu and choose the GSnap option.
- Now you can adjust the options and Autotune the vocals in the audio track.
Installing Auto-Tune Evo VST Plugin in Audacity
Auto-Tune Evo VST is created by Antares Audio Technologies. This tool is not free and the user must purchase it to use it. However, you can try the trial version or use one of the outdated versions to test it in Audacity. The procedure for installing this plugin is similar to the others, you need to copy the plugin file into the Audacity plugins folder as shown below:
- Open your browser and go download the Auto-Tune Evo VST for Audacity.
- Extract the zip file and install it. In the installation process choose the path Desktop for VST Plugin.
- You will find the Auto-Tune Evo VST file on the desktop. Copy this file and paste it in Audacity plugin folder as shown below:
- Open the Audacity by double-clicking the shortcut. Click on the Tools menu in the menu bar and choose Add / Remove plug-ins option.
- Then select the Auto-Tune Evo VST and click on the Enable button. Click on the Ok button to confirm changes.
- Click on the Effect menu in the menu bar and choose the Auto-Tune Evo VST option at the bottom.
- Now you can Autotune your voice and vocals in Audacity easily.