The ARK: Survival Evolved game may show failed to open descriptor file error due to the corrupt game files. Moreover, missing shootergame.uproject file from the game directory may also cause the error under discussion. The affected user encounters the error when launches the game. Some users faced the issue just after installing the game.
Solution 1: Verify the Integrity of the Game Files of the ARK: Survival Evolved
The game files could become corrupt due to many reasons like a sudden shut down of the system. You may encounter the error under discussion if the game files of the ARK: Survival Evolved are corrupt. In this context, using the built-in tool to verify the integrity of the game files may solve the problem. The process will check the files with the server and if corrupt/missing files are there, then those files will be reacquired from the server.
- Launch the Steam client and navigate to its Library.
- Now right-click on the game’s icon and then click on Properties.
- Then go to the Local Files tab.
- Then click on the Verify Integrity of Game Files button.
- Now wait for the completion of the verification process and then launch the game to check if the issue is resolved.
Solution 2: Copy Shootergame.Uproject File to the Game Folder
The shootergame.uproject file is essential for the operation of the game and may cause the error under discussion if the file is missing from the game folder. In this scenario, moving the shootergame.uproject file from the download folder to the game folder may solve the problem.
- Exit the game/Steam client and make sure no game/launcher-related process is not running in the Task Manager.
- Now open the File Explorer and navigate to the following path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\downloading\346110\ShooterGame
- Then copy the shootergame.uproject file and paste it into the following path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame
- Then open the Stam client and then launch the game to check if the issue is resolved.
Solution 3: Move the Game to the System Drive
You may also encounter the error at hand if the game is not installed on the system drive. In this case, moving the install folder to the system drive may solve the problem.
- Launch the Steam client and open its Library.
- Now right-click on the game and then click on Properties.
- Then navigate to the Local Files tab.
- Now click on the Move Install Folder button and then select the location on the system drive.
- Then launch the game and hopefully, the Ark game is clear of the error.