History Channel is trying to move away from traditional cable TV, trying to branch out digitally and attract viewers that are no longer watching TV. But before you can go ahead and watch History TV from your favorite streaming device, you’ll first need to activate History Channel by following a series of instructions.
History Channel is an A&E Networks pay television network and flagship channel that is headquartered in New York. The network originally featured history-based documentaries, but later drifted into reality television programming.
Besides the United States, HISTORY is also available in India, Canada, Europe, Australia, the Middle East, Africa, and Latin America, but in various forms.
A lot of people have faced difficulties installing and activating HISTORY on a new streaming device. If you’re one of them, continue reading as we’ll guide you through the entire process.
How to Activate History Channel for your favorite Streaming Device
This app is available to install on mobile devices such as iOS and Android, but also for streaming platforms like Apple TV, Roku, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, and Samsung TV.
The instructions for activating the History Channel will be different depending on the streaming platform that you’re using.
Below you can find the instructions for activating HISTORY on the following devices:
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Samsung TV
Follow the guide applicable to the streaming platform that you’re trying to activate the History Channel on:
- Using your remote, press the home button to open the home screen of Roku.
- Locate the Search button on the left side, then access it and search for History Channel.
- From the list of suggestions, choose History Channel and press Add Channel.
- Once the installation is complete, use your remote to access the Go to channel menu from the dedicated listing.
- Inside the History Channel app, use your Roku remote to select Activate your device.
- After a few seconds, you’ll receive a code that you need to take note of.
- On any browser (desktop or mobile), navigate to the activation page of History “here“.
- Once inside, select your streaming device from the list and wait until the page redirects you to a prompt her you can insert the activation code that you previously obtained.
- After you successfully insert the activation code, click on Continue to activate your streaming device.
- Return to your Roku device and you should see the History Channel app refreshing as you are given access to the full library.
FireStick / FireTV:
- Start by downloading the History App on your Fire TV app by accessing the Apps tab from the home screen of your Fire TV device.
- Inside the Apps tab, go ahead and use the search function to search for the “HISTORY” app. From the list of results that you got, use your remote to select and download the HISTORY app.
- Once the installation is finally complete, launch the HISTORY Fire TV app and wait until it initializes for the first time.
- After you see the custom PIN appearing, take note of the code as you’ll need it for the next step.
- Use a desktop or mobile browser to navigate to the activation page of History “here“.
- Inside the activation page, select the streaming device that you want to activate, then go ahead and insert the PIN that you previously obtained at step 4.
- On the next page, hit Continue to finalize the process, then return to the Fire TV streaming device and you should now have full access to the History library.
- Open your Apple TV device and open up the App Store using the home screen.
- Next, use the search function available inside the App Store to find and download the History app.
- Once the app is successfully downloaded locally, look into your list of Apple TV apps and launch the HISTORY app.
- After the app is initialized, you should see an activation code – When it pops on screen, take note of it.
- Navigate to the activation page from a mobile or desktop browser and insert the code that you previously obtained after you sign in with your account and select the streaming device that you want to enable.
- At the final prompt, click on Continue, then return to your Apple TV device and you should see the HISTORY app refreshing as you are given access to the full library.
- Open the App Store from the home screen of your iOS device.
- Inside the App Store, search for the ‘HISTORY’ app using the search function at the top.
- Once you find the correct listing, initiate the installation by tapping on Get.
- Once the installation is complete, open up the HISTORY app and sign in with your account.
- There is no application involved on iOS, but you will need to sign in with your History Account or with your TV provider account.
- After you complete the sign-up process, you will get access to the full library.
- From the home screen of your Android device, locate the Play Store app and open it.
- Once you’re inside the Android Play Store, use the search bar at the top to find the History app, then tap on it and hit the Install button to download it locally.
- After the installation is complete, open the HISTORY app.
- At the initial HISTORY screen, sign in with your History account (or your TV provider account) and you will be given access to the entire library of History Channel.