FX Networks (rebranded as FXNOW) is the best place to stream FX, FXM, and FXX original series. However, before you can stream any movies and television shows, you’ll need to sign in and activate your account with a participating television provider.
How to Activate FXNetworks on your Streaming device
Keep in mind that depending on the device that you’re attempting to use, you might or might not need to activate FXNOW in order to confirm your TV cable provider.
Here’s a list of all supported devices that you can use to stream FXNOW content:
- Roku (Activation Required)
- Xbox One and Xbox Series X consoles (Activation Required)
- Fire TV (Activation Required)
- Android TV (Activation Required)
- Android & iOS (Activation NOT Required)
- FuboTV (Activation NOT Required)
- Hulu with Live TV (Activation NOT Required)
- Sling TV (Activation NOT Required)
- AT&T TVNOW (Activation NOT Required)
- YouTube TV (Activation NOT Required)
Note: You will be able to stream some content using a free account. But don’t expect to be able to stream original FX, FXX, or FXM content.
But keep in mind that regardless if you’re using a streaming device that requires activation, the instructions will be different from device to device.
To avoid any confusion, we’ve put together a series of guides that will guide you through the process of streaming content from FXNOW (FXNetworks).
Follow one of the guides below (the one applicable to the streaming device you’re using) to activate your FXNOW membership and watch original content.
How to Activate FX Networks / FXNOW on Apple TV
If you’re trying to stream FX, FX+, FXX, or FXM content using your Apple TV, you will need to go through the instructions of activating your account by signing in with your TV provider using a 7-character activation code.
Note: This is only required if you want access to the full selection of the available library. If you don’t have access to FXNOW obtained by your TV provider, you can watch the selection of free shows without having to create an account.
If you want to watch the full episodes od the FX shows on your Apple TV, follow the instructions below to sign in with your TV provider and activate your FXNow app:
- First, open up your Apple TV and open up the app store.
- Once you’re inside the App Store, use the search function available at the top to find and download the FXNOW app.
Note: If the app is already installed on your PC, skip this step.
- Once the FXNow app is successfully downloaded and installed on your Apple TV device, jump on the home screen and launch the FXNow app conventionally.
- As soon as you’re inside the FXNow app, access the Account tab.
- From the dedicated Account menu, choose TV Provider from the list of available options, then click on the Sign in button.
- After a couple of seconds, you should see a 7 character activation code popping on the screen. When it appears, take note of it and move down to the next potential fix below.
- Next, open up a browser on a PC, Mac, or even a mobile device and visit the activation page of FXNOW / FXNetworks.
- Once you’re inside, insert the activation code that you previously fetched at step 6 and click on Continue to complete the activation process.
- From the next screen, go ahead and select your TV provides from the list, then sign in with your credentials to complete the activation process.
- Return to your Apple TV device and you should see the entire FX library available for you to stream.
How to Activate FX Networks / FXNOW on Android TV
If you’re trying to activate your FX Networks or FXNOW membership on an Android TV-powered smart TV, the good news is you won’t be required to activate your account using an activation code (like with an Apple TV).
However, you will still be required to sign in with a TV provider and complete the activation process by signing in with the credentials that give you the right to the entire FX library.
Follow the instructions below to activate FXNOW (FXNetworks) on an Android TV:
- Open up your Android TV and use your remote to access the Google Play Store from the home screen.
- Once you’re finally inside the Google Play Store, use the search function (top-right section of the screen) to find the FXNOW app.
- Once the results are in, go ahead and download & install the FXNOW app from the search results.
- As soon as the app is installed, open it normally and wait until you get to the initial screen.
- Once you get to the home screen of the FXNOW Android TV app, click on the Account tab from the ribbon bar at the top.
- Once you’re inside the Account tab, use the vertical menu on the left to click on TV Provider.
- Next, move over to the right-hand section and use the Sign In button to insert the credentials supplied by the TV provider that gives you access to the FX library.
- After you successfully sign in with a provider, you should notice how the FXNOW app refreshes as you are given access to the entire library of movies and TV shows.
How to Activate FX Networks / FXNOW on Roku TV
If you own a Roku device and you’re looking for instructions on activating FXNOW in order to enjoy the full library of content. we’ll guide you through it. Unlike the steps required to activate FXNOW on an Android TV, Roku activation involves using an activation code.
But before you go over the full steps, keep in mind that you will still need a sign-in with the credentials supplied by your TV provider in order to ensure the full library on FX.
Follow the instructions below to activate FXNow (FXNetwork) on a Roku device:
- First things first, power on your TV before your Roku device. Wait until your Roku device is connected to your TV, then check to see if your Internet connection is reliable.
- Pick up your Roku remote and press the home button.
- Next, turn your attention to the screen and use the Search icon (left section of the screen).
- Use the search function to search for ‘FXNOW’, then select FXNOW from the list of results and tap use the Add channel button to download the app locally.
- Once the FXNOW channel has been successfully added to the list, wait until the channel is installed locally.
- After the installation is complete, open the FXNOW app.
- Once you’re inside the home screen of FXNOW, tap on the Accounts tab from the ribbon bar at the top.
- Inside the Accounts tab, tap on TV Provider from the vertical menu on the left then hit the Sign In button from the pane on the right.
- After a couple of seconds, you will see an 8-character activation code appearing on the screen. When it does appear, take note of it.
- Open a browser tab (on PC, Mac, or any mobile device) and visit https://fxnow.fxnetworks.com/activate.
- Once you’re inside the activation page, go ahead and enter the activation code that you previously discovered at step 9.
- Once you hit Continue to confirm the activation process, it will take a few seconds until it will reflect on your Roku device.Note: If you are still not given access to the full library, restart your Roku device and you should be given access to the full library.
How to Activate FX Networks / FXNOW on Fire TV
If you own a Fire Stick device from Amazon and you’re confused about how you can activate your FXNow account so you can have access to the full library, we’ll shed some light on it.
If you have the right to stream content from FXNOW from a TV provider, all you need to do is sign in with them on the Amazon Fire Stick app – you won’t be required to use an activation code.
Follow the instructions below for step-by-step instructions on activation your FXNOW account on a Fire TV device:
- Connect your Amazon Fire Stick to your TV and switch to the correct Source.
- Next, from the home screen of your Amazon Fire Stick, use the ribbon menu at the top to access the Apps menu.
- Once you’re inside the dedicated Apps menu, use the search function to find the FXNow app.
- From the list of results, download and install the FXNOW app.
- Once the app is successfully downloaded, launch the app normally and wait until you get to the home screen.
- Next, access the Account tab using the ribbon bar at the top.
- Once you’re inside the dedicated Account tab, use the vertical menu on the left to tap on TV Provider.
- With the TV Provider tab selected, move over to the right-hand pane and use the Sign In button to sign in with the credentials supplied by your TV provider.
- From the next screen, select your TV provider first, then enter the credentials that you received from them.
- Once the activation process is complete, you will see your app refreshing as you are given access to the entire library of FXNow.
How to Stream FX Networks / FXNOW on Xbox Consoles
If you’re attempting to stream content from the FXNOW app from your gaming console, you’ll be pleased to know that both the last-gen (Xbox One) and the next-gen (Xbox Series) versions of Microsoft consoles support FXNOW.
Note: If you own a Playstation console, you should know that the app is not yet supported.
To stream FXNOW content on your Xbox console, you’ll first need to download the dedicated app first, then generate the activation code before using a PC, mobile device (or the built-in Xbox browser) to complete the activation process.
Follow the instructions below for steps on how to do so:
Note: The instructions for activating the FXNOW app are identical for both Xbox One and Xbox Series consoles.
- Boot up your Xbox console and make sure it’s connected to your TV.
- Next, from the home screen of your console, access the Microsoft Store, then access the Search Apps > Browse Apps section.
- Once you’re inside the Apps interface, use the search function to search for ‘FXNOW’.
- Next, from the list of results, tap on FXNOW and hit Get to download the app locally.
- Wait until the app is downloaded and installed on your console.
- Open up the FXNOW app and choose Activate to complete the activation process.
- After a couple of seconds, you will see the activation code appearing on the next screen.
- Take note of the activation code that is currently on screen, then move over to a desktop or mobile browser and visit FXNetworks/activate.
- Once you’re inside the activation page, insert the activation code that you previously fetched from your Xbox console and hit Continue.
- Once you get redirected to the next screen, select your TV provider from the list of options, then insert the credentials supplied by them.
- After a couple of seconds, you should see the FXNOW app refreshing on your console as you are given access to the full library.
How to Stream FX Networks / FXNOW on Android & iOS
If you’re attempting to stream content from the FXNOW app on your mobile device, you’ll be able to do so on both Android and iOS.
And fortunately for people stuck using a small screen, you will not be required to activate your account using the activation code – it’s enough to sign in with the account credentials that you received from your TV provider.
The procedure is slightly different depending on if you’re using an Android or iOS device. But if you follow the instructions below, you should be able to start streaming FX content in less than 5 minutes:
- From the home screen of your Android or iOS device, access the App Store or Play Store.
- Once you’re inside the correct app store, use the search function to find the FXNOW app.
- From the list of results, tap on FXNOW, then hit the Install (Android) or Get (iOS) to download the app locally.
- Once the app is successfully installed, open it up by taping on its icon located on the home screen of your Android or iOS device.
- After you’re inside the FXNOW app, simply select your TV provider at the first screen, then insert the credentials that you were supplied with.
- Finally, once the sign-up process is complete, you will shortly be given access to the full library of FX.
How to Stream FX Networks / FXNOW on TVNOW (AT&T)
If you already pay for a TVNow subscription to AT&T, it makes a lot of sense to stream FX content directly from this platform.
As of now, the FX channel is part of the lower-tier package (Plus) which costs about $55 dollars per month.
Once you’ve ensured that you have access to the correct TVNOW package, all you need to do is log into the platform and you’ll be able to watch all the FX channels LIVE and even record shows using the Cloud DVR feature.
How to Steam FX Networks / FXNOW on FuboTV
If you’re a sports fan, chances are you’re already paying for a FuboTV subscription. But a less known fact is the fact that every FX channel (FX, FX+, FXX, and FXM) is already watchable via the Standard package ($59 / month package).
If you’re already paying for it, you can simply watch these channels as part of the broader FuboTV interface. Just log into your account and scroll down through the list of LIVE channels.
Important: You will not be able to stream specific shows using a Standard Fubu membership. You can only watch the live channels (FX, FX+ FXX, and FXM)
How to Stream FX Networks / FXNOW on Sling TV
In case you’re a Sling TV subscriber, you’ll be pleased to know that the FX channel fleet is also a part of their channel lineup.
Sling TV is the cheapest option out of the bunch if your TV supplier doesn’t give you access to an FX membership.
As of now, the FX lineup is part of both the Orange and Blue packages. You don’t need to get both, just pick one.
You can find the FX channels by accessing your Sling interface and using the Guide tab from the ribbon menu at the top.
The downside is that you don’t have on-demand access to the FXNow platform – you can only watch the LIVE channels as you’d normally do on Traditional TV cable.
How to Stream FX Networks / FXNOW on YouTube TV
Youtube TV is another great option if you’re looking to stream the full lineup of FX channels available.
You can even do on-demand streaming by using the YouTube FX add-on and you also have the option to record a lot of live TV time.
The major drawback is the price – As of now, YouTube TV is the most expensive option of the bunch.
If you have access to the FX addon, you can watch on-demand shows from the Library tab. Else, you will be restricted to using the FX Live channels (FX, FX+, FXX, and FXM).
How to Stream FX Networks / FXNOW on Hulu TV
If you’re already a Hulu subscriber, it might make sense to invest in the Live TV package since you receive access to the entire FX library of channels.
But keep in mind that going this route will not give you access to the on-demand library – You will only be able to stream the LIVE FX channels: FX, FX+, FXM, and FXX.
If you’re currently in the market for a provider, check the current Hulu Deals – They regularly do bundle deals with Disney+, FX+, and ESPN+.