- The main reasons for 9anime not showing closed captions (CC) are problems with player settings and the video source not supporting subtitles.
- To fix, try refreshing the 9anime website, verifying the video source, adjusting video player settings, checking internet connection, clearing cache and cookies, trying a different browser, and disabling ad-blockers.
- Ensure subtitles are manually enabled in the video player settings, and consider using a different device or browser if issues persist. Contacting 9anime support can also provide further assistance.
For international anime viewers, closed captions are the only way to understand what’s happening in the anime. Although most series offer the option to watch it dubbed some viewers prefer subtitles to get that authentic and original feel.
So, if you are trying to fix your subtitles issue, we’ve got you covered as this article will explore in detail how to fix 9anime not showing CC along with common causes for it.
Table of Contents
- Common Causes For 9anime Not Showing CC
- How to Fix 9anime Not Showing CC
Common Causes For 9anime Not Showing CC
Before we jump into the solutions, it’s important to know what’s causing the issue in the first place. Here are two major reasons for 9anime not showing CC:
- Player Settings: Issues within the 9anime video player can be a cause for closed captions not showing up.
- Video Source: It can be possible that the anime episode you are watching currently doesn’t have subtitles uploaded or isn’t supported by the video source.
Apart from these, there are a few other reasons for subtitles not showing up such as technical issues, browser compatibility, cache and cookies, and more. Let’s look at how to solve all of these.
How to Fix 9anime Not Showing CC
When it comes to solving subtitle issues with your 9anime, there isn’t a guaranteed method that has proven to work for everyone. Instead, we have listed 10 possible solutions that can help you fix 9anime not showing CC.
1. Refresh the 9anime Website
Oftentimes, a simple page refresh can help you fix several issues like subtitles not showing up and get rid of any temporary glitches present in either your browser or the website. So before moving to technical fixes, give your website a refresh and that might fix your problem.
2. Verify Video Source
If you still encountering the same issue, we suggest making sure that the anime you are watching supports subtitles. This means that if the content you are watching was recently uploaded, the source of the video hasn’t uploaded the subtitles yet and you’ll need to wait for them to add subtitles.
Additionally, 9anime normally gives you a few servers to choose from in case your current one isn’t working. This means that you can always try switching servers to see if it fixes your captions.
3. Technical Issues
Another possible reason is technical issues related to the 9anime website that can interfere with your video player and cause caption problems. If that’s the case, all you can do is wait for the issue to be resolved from the backend.
4. Video Player Settings
Websites like 9anime often require you to manually enable subtitles from your video player settings. Hence, make sure subtitles are enabled for your anime.
Here’s how to turn on subtitles on 9anime:
- Open up the anime or specific episode you want to watch.
- Click on the gear icon to open up player settings.
- From here, click on the CC option.
- Now, select the language you want your subtitles in.
- Once you select a language, your subtitles should automatically appear on top of your content.
If the subtitles still aren’t showing up for you, refresh the page to ensure all the changes properly take effect.
5. Check Your Internet Connection
Most streaming websites require a stable and high-speed internet connection for a smooth viewing experience. On the other hand, if your internet is slow or unstable, it can impact video playback and subtitle loading speeds. Hence, make sure to check your internet speeds via trusted websites like Fast.com or Ookla’s Speedtest.
6. Clear Cache and Cookies
Cache and cookies are used to save website settings, images, and other data to improve loading speeds. If your browser has a ton of cache data stored, it can sometimes cause issues with other sites and potentially subtitles problems as well.
The process is largely the same on all browsers with just minor UI differences, so here’s how to clear cache and cookies on Chrome:
- Open up your Chrome browser.
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner.
- From here, click on the Settings option.
- Under the settings tab, click on the Privacy and Security tab.
- Now, click on the Clear browsing option.
- Next, check the cookies and other site data option. If you want you can also remove your browsing history and cached images and files.
- Finally, click on the clear data button to remove cookies and cache data.
7. Try a Different Browser
If you are still having trouble with your captions, you can consider switching over to a different browser to access 9anime to see if it improves how subtitles are displayed.
8. Disable Ad-Blockers
Ad-blockers are a great way to protect yourself against malicious links and pop-up ads. However, several third-party streaming websites require you to disable ad-blockers to fully access the website’s content. If you are on a browser that has built-in add-blocking like Brave you can simply click on the Brave logo at the top and toggle off add blocker for that website.
Conversely, if you are using ad-blocker extensions on your Chrome browser like AdBlock you’ll need to open up the adblocker extension while you are on the 9anime website, and from there you’ll need to click on “Always” under the “Pause on this site” option.
9. Change Devices
If any of the above steps don’t solve your subtitle issue, then there’s a chance your device is the problem. Hence, consider changing to another mobile or laptop to see if the subtitles appear for you. If you’ve already tried everything and 9anime is still not working, but it is on another device then you can be sure there’s a serious issue at hand.
10. Contact 9anime Support
Although most of the above steps are general solutions one of them should help you fix your captions not showing up. However, if none of the above-mentioned methods works for you, you can reach out to 9anime support for further assistance on the topic.
Subtitles help understand and amplify emotions to a wide range of audiences and if your captions aren’t working, you can try the method mentioned in our articles to troubleshoot 9anime not showing CC.
While 9anime does claim to have an add-free policy we recommend using a trusted VPN and an add-blocker on top to ensure your computer is safe from viruses, trojans, and other harmful content.
Absolutely! Fast.com is a speed test website provided by Netflix and Ookla is a trusted and reviewed website that provides a comprehensive look at your internet speed.
Most anime shows have English subtitles available. However, some shows also offer support for other languages, such as German, Russian, Spanish, and more. In other words, the choice of languages for subtitles depends on the uploader’s preference.