If you’re a coffee aficionado who relies on a steady caffeine intake but dreads standing in long queues, you must appreciate the convenience that the Starbucks app provides. We understand how frustrating it can be when you’re suddenly faced with issues like the app crashing or not functioning properly.
To prevent disruption to your Starbucks experience—be it from the inability to pre-order, make online payments, or accumulate rewards—we’ve rounded up various solutions for you. However, before troubleshooting, it’s crucial to identify the root cause, enabling you to effectively resolve the ‘Starbucks App Not Working’ issue.
Why is my Starbucks app not working?
While the main reasons for your Starbucks mobile app to stop functioning are usually not severe, they do have undesirable consequences. Being aware of these causes and their workarounds can swiftly restore access to your Starbucks app.
- Poor Internet Connection: A primary reason for app failure or delayed loading is an unstable internet connection. Like many apps, Starbucks requires a reliable network connection for optimal user experience.
- Corrupted App Files: The Starbucks mobile app, much like any other, stores cache files on your device. Should this data become corrupted, you may encounter performance issues within the app.
- Outdated App Version: An outdated app version may malfunction, lacking recent updates and bug fixes, which leaves it more susceptible to problems.
- Starbucks Server Down: Occasionally, the issue is due to an outage on Starbucks’ end. If their servers are down, you won’t be able to access the app.
1. Check for server outages
Keep in mind that Starbucks coffee is in high demand, particularly during peak hours. Since numerous people use the app to place orders and save time, it can paradoxically crash due to excessive traffic.
Server outages can have several causes and typically affect several users concurrently. Before proceeding with further troubleshooting, confirm whether the Starbucks app servers are down. It’s also advisable to check your internet connection to rule out potential local network issues before concluding it’s a software problem.
2. Relaunch the App
The Starbucks app might encounter a range of issues, from launch failures to difficulties in placing orders. If you’re experiencing the app not starting correctly, try force-closing and then relaunching it. Often, a temporary glitch may hinder the app’s functionality, which a fresh start may resolve.
To force quit and relaunch the app, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen of your device, swipe up from the bottom edge to reveal the App Switcher.
- Find and swipe up on the Starbucks app to close it.
- Reopen the app by tapping its icon on the Home screen.
3. Re-Login to the App
Some users have resolved their issues by logging out of their Starbucks accounts and logging back in. This method is particularly useful when the glitch seems to be associated with a specific account, rather than the app as a whole. If needed, you can test logging into a friend’s account, especially if you don’t remember your own credentials.
To re-login to your account, follow these instructions:
- Launch the Starbucks app on your device.
- Tap your Account icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- In the menu that appears, click on ‘Log out.’
- Re-enter your login details and check if the problem is solved.
4. Clear the App Cache
Corrupted app data is another common reason for app malfunctions. Accumulated cache files can become corrupt over time, affecting the app’s performance. Clearing out the app’s stored data on your device could resolve these issues.
To clear the cache, follow these steps:
- Navigate to ‘Settings’ on your device.
- Tap ‘Apps’ or ‘Application Manager’ (depending on your device).
- Locate and select ‘Starbucks.’
- Choose ‘Storage & Cache,’ then tap ‘Clear cache’ and ‘Clear data.’
5. Offload the App (iPhone only)
iPhone users do not have an option to clear the app cache like Android users. However, they can use the offloading feature. Offloading an app removes the app and its temporary files without deleting personal data and settings.
Follow these steps to offload the Starbucks app:
- Open the ‘Settings’ app on your iPhone.
- Select ‘General,’ then ‘iPhone Storage.’
- Find and tap the Starbucks app in the list.
- Choose the ‘Offload App’ option.
- Confirm by tapping ‘Offload App’ again.
Reinstall the app by tapping its icon on the Home Screen.
6. Update or Reinstall the App
Always ensure the app you are using is up to date. Outdated versions can expose you to bugs that affect the app’s functioning. Conversely, updates often contain bug fixes for common issues.
To update the app or reinstall it, follow these steps:
- Go to the ‘App Store’ or ‘Google Play Store’ on your device.
- Search for the Starbucks app and check for available updates.
- If an update is available, tap ‘Update’ to download and install the latest version.
- If no updates resolve the issue, consider uninstalling the app. Tap ‘Delete App’ or ‘Uninstall,’ then reinstall it from your respective app store.
7. Wait It Out
If the issue is a widespread outage or if you prefer not to delve into troubleshooting, waiting it out is a reasonable approach. It’s likely that the developers are addressing the issue and will deploy a solution shortly. In the meantime, you may need to visit Starbucks in person.
8. Contact Starbucks Support
If you frequently face issues with the Starbucks app, it would be wise to contact their customer support service. They offer a FAQs page, as well as options like live chat, phone calls, or messaging for assistance. Their support team should help you troubleshoot the problem effectively.
Starbucks App Not Working - FAQs
First, download and install the Starbucks app from the Google Play Store or App Store. Create an account using an email and password, and start earning rewards.
To delete your account, navigate to the ‘Settings’ section in the app and locate ‘Help & Policies.’ Scroll to the end and select ‘Delete my account,’ followed by ‘Request account deletion.’ You’ll need to complete a form and submit it. Check your email for confirmation.