In previous versions of Windows, the icons were mainly shown on the Taskbar. The users can switch to different apps with only one click. But now Windows 11 has a default feature to hide the icons from the main taskbar to avoid overflowing. It has created the Sub-menu represented by an arrow icon on the right side of the taskbar. From where users can access the app. But sometimes, the users demand to show all the tray icons on windows 11.
Here are some reasons why the icons do not show on the taskbar of Windows 11;
- Sub-menu Feature: Windows 11 has a new feature of Sub-menu, represented by an Arrow Icon. The app icons are shown within this icon. The user has to click on the arrow icon and then he can get access to the required app. There are many ways to show these app icons on the taskbar.
- “Allow all icons” settings are disabled: When the Windows registry is crashed it doesn’t allow its users to get access to many of its features. Similarly, it also disables the icon settings to show on the taskbar. To fix this issue, the user can edit the registry and enable the settings.
1. Drag and Drop Method
The drag and drop method will help you in placing the required application from the sub-menu to the taskbar. It is the easiest step to perform to show all the tray icons on Windows 11. So, the following step will help you in dragging and dropping the icons on the Taskbar;
- Go to the right side of the Taskbar and click on the arrow option.
- Now select the Apps one by one and drag them to the taskbar.
- Once your pointer reaches the taskbar, release the mouse and drop the icon on the Taskbar.
- Apply the same procedure, until all the applications that are shown in the arrow icon, drop on the taskbar.
- Once it is done, the arrowhead icon will disappear automatically.
2. Edit the Windows Registry
Sometimes, the windows registry gets crashed. It does not allow its users to get access to many features, i.e. “Always show all the icons and notifications on the Taskbar” gets disabled. So, to enable this feature, a user should edit the windows registry (Data Value). Here are some steps that will help you in editing it;
- Press the Window key + R from the keyboard to open the Run dialogue box.
- Type Regedit and press the ok option. The Registry Editor will open.
- Now navigate to the following location or simply paste this address on the address bar.
- Now double-click on the EnableAutoTray folder. It will show you the Edit DWORD (32-Bit) Value box.
- Edit the Value to 1 and click on the Ok button. It will activate the option “Always show all the icons and notifications on the Taskbar” in the Notification Area Icon utility.
- Tick the check and press the ok button. The icons will eventually be shown on the Taskbar.
3. Through Windows Settings
Windows 11 settings allow its users to make changes in Taskbar. They can easily customize it. The users can shift the position of the Taskbar, change the size of Taskbar and also control the icons displayed on it. So, you can show all the tray icons from windows settings as well.
- Right-click on the Start Button and click on the Settings option.
- Select the Personalization option from the left side of the screen. Now scroll down and click on the Taskbar option.
- Now go to the bottom of the page and press the Taskbar corner overflow option. It will show you all the app icons that you can show on the Taskbar.
- Turn on all the apps and you will see that the icons will start to show on the system tray (Taskbar).
4. Using Run Program
The Run program helps in getting access to many programs directly. It also gives access to taskbar settings from where you can enable the feature to show all tray icons on taskbar. So, the following steps will help you in it;
- Press the window key + R and the Run program will open on the screen.
- Now type the following command directly and press the ok button.
- The Notification Area Icon Utility will open again, from where you select the option of option “Always show all the icons and notifications on the Taskbar”. Hit the ok button and the icons will show on the system tray.
5. Pin the Apps to Taskbar
Along with all the above methods, pinning the icons on the taskbar is another way to show icons on Taskbar. Windows 11 allows its users to pin the application on the Taskbar. The advantage of this feature is, that the user can keep those icons on the taskbar that are of his choice. So, follow these steps;
- Go to the Start Menu and search for apps you want to place on the taskbar.
- Open the app. Once the app will open it will automatically show on the taskbar.
- Now, simply right-click on the app from the taskbar and then click on the Pin to the Taskbar option.
- The app will stay on the taskbar, even if you have closed it. So, this is how you place the required apps or fill the tray with icons.