Google Chrome has a feature that can fill out forms automatically with the saved information. The information can be the URL, username, addresses, passwords, or any payment information. When the user enters new information in the form of Google Chrome, sometimes it asks the permission of the user if they want to save that information. However, the information can be not suitable for multiple users and some will want to remove the Autofill entries from Google Chrome. In this article, we will show you the settings in Google Chrome where you can delete/remove the Autofill information from Google Chrome.
Removing the Specific Autofill Entries from Google Chrome
This method is for removing the specific Autofill entries in a specific search engine or website. Google mostly saves Google searched keywords and links so that users can easily find them to access again. There are also some websites that save the passwords and username, then later suggest them to users when trying to log in again. So you can remove some specific Autofill entries and not all the Autofill entries by following the below steps:
- Open the Google Chrome browser and click on the Search bar. Now try typing something and check the Autofill suggestions that show below.
- Move to that Autofill by using the arrow keys. Now press the Shift + Del keys together to remove that Autofill entry. If there is no Delete key on the keyboard, then try the Shift + Backspace keys.
Note: If you are using a laptop keyboard, then try Shift + Fn + Del (backspace) keys.
- You can do this in the text box that shows the Autofill entry for it.
Removing all the Autofill Entries from Google Chrome
Google Chrome has a feature for clearing all the cache data from the browser. By removing the cache data, it removes the history and most saved information in the browser. You can also select the Autofill option while removing the cache data from Google Chrome by following the below steps:
- Open the Google Chrome browser and click on the menu button at the top right corner. Select More Tools and choose Clear browsing data option.
- Click on the Advanced tab in Clear browsing data. Now select the Time range and then check the Autofill form data option.
- Click on the Clear Data button to remove all the Autofill entries from the browser.
Removing the Autofill Passwords from Google Chrome
Most web sites save passwords for users so they can log in back easily without entering the password. For passwords, Google Chrome mostly asks the permission of the users if they want to save their passwords in a browser or not. You can also view the passwords that are saved in your browser. Follow the below steps to remove the saved passwords in Google Chrome:
- Open your Chrome browser and click on the menu icon at the top right. Choose the Settings option on the list.
- Scroll down to the Autofill section and click on the Passwords option.
Note: You can also remove saved payments and address information that Auto fills.
- Click on the three dots menu in front of the specific password and choose the Remove option.
- This will remove the saved password and next time it won’t Autofill when you try to log in.