A lot of reports were made by Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction players who are dealing with the ‘server connection error Juliett‘. This error is not letting them play the game properly, making a big number of users upset (and for good reason). In some cases the players can’t join any matches, not being allowed to connect to the servers. Some of them were kicked out of the server while playing a solo game. This error is typically encountered on Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S, as well as PC.
We have decided to take a deeper look into this Rainbow Six Extraction error to see what are the causes responsible for its appearance. Here is the shortlist of all the possible triggers:
- Ongoing server maintenance – The first thing that needs to be checked is the current status of the Rainbow Six Extraction server. This error could be happening because there is scheduled maintenance for the server or because the server is going through some problems and it’s down. In this case, the only thing that you can do is to check the current server status on their official site or to visit their Twitter page for more information.
- Unlinked Ubisoft account to Game Pass – Another cause for this error might be your Ubisoft account being unlinked to your Xbox Game Pass. This is happening because the game cannot connect to the server if the connection between your Ubisoft account and Game Pass is not made. All you have to do is go to the official Ubisoft site and make sure to sign in with your Microfost account.
- Outdated game – This issue might also happen because your game is missing the latest available updates. If that is the case, this is happening because you have missed the installation of the updates or you didn’t have enough free storage to install them. The game can’t work properly and connect to the server if the latest update is available. So all you have to do is to check for pending updates and install them in case you find any.
- Profile status set to Invisible – The Rainbow Six Extraction server connection error Juliett could also happen because the profile status is set to Invisible instead of Online. This makes the game incapable to connect to the server, so this is what might cause the issue. If this is the case for you, all you have to do in order to fix this issue is to open the Ubisoft Launcher and go to your profile. There you will be able to change the profile status from Invisible to Online.
Now after you are aware of all the potential causes of the server connection error Juliette, here is a list of all the methods that players have used to fix it:
1. Check for the current server status
The first thing you should do before you try to fix this error is to check the current server status. This way you will see if this issue is caused by the server being under maintenance. The server might be going through some problems, so checking if they are down is worth checking.
In case this is what is causing the appearance of the server connection error Juliett, the only thing you can do is to wait until the developers are done with the maintenance of the Rainbow Six Extraction server.
The first place you should check is the official Rainbow Six Extraction site that is dedicated to showing the people what is the current server status. If the server is in good condition, right under where it says Global Status you will see the Game Status showing the No Issues message with the green color. You can also expand the menu to see the specific departments and their status.
If the status shows that there are issues, right under where it says Need Help? is a button named Customer Support where you can open a customer ticket. You will be directed to a site that contains answers to a lot of questions asked by players. If you scroll down, you will be able to open a ticket by clicking on the Contact Us button.
For more information about the server status, you can also visit the official Twitter page of the game. You have to look at the recent announcements to see if there is any scheduled maintenance for the server. You might also see if there are other problems that could cause the server connection error Juliett.
If you see any posts, follow the maintenance program and come back to the game after the correct time to see if the problem was fixed.
In case you have checked the game’s current server status and also their Twitter page, go try the next method to see if that will help.
2. Link your Ubisoft account to Game Pass
A lot of people are reporting that they have managed to fix this issue by linking their Ubisoft account to their Xbox Game Pass. This can be possible for you only if you are playing this game using the Xbox Game Pass.
The error might make its appearance if you don’t have your Ubisoft account linked to your Xbox Game Pass because it can’t make the connection between them. That makes it impossible for the game to connect to the servers.
All you have to do is to link the account to Game Pass from the official GamePass site.
In case you don’t know how to do this, here’s how you can fix the Rainbow Six Extraction server connection error Juliett by following these exact steps:
- The first thing you need to do is go to the official Game Pass site that is made to link your Ubisoft account to your Xbox Game Pass.
- Once the page appears on your screen, click on the green button that says Log-in and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Once you have successfully signed in with your Microsoft account and the accounts are linked, all that is left to do now is to test the game to see if the server error still appears.
Go try the next method below in case this issue still appears on your screen.
3. Check if there are any available updates
Another thing that you could try is to check if there are any available updates for the game that haven’t been installed. This could be happening if you didn’t have enough free storage to install the update, or because you have missed the update and forgot to install it.
This could be the cause for your server connection error Juliett because the game cannot work properly without the current version of the game installed. You won’t be able to connect to the server until you manage to install the update.
All you have to do is go to My Games & apps menu and see if there are any available updates for the Rainbow Six Extraction. If there are, install them and reboot your console after.
In case you don’t know how to do this, here are the exact steps you need to follow:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide menu and go to the My Games & apps menu, then open it.
- Once you are inside the My Games & apps menu, scroll down to the Updates section to see if there are any pending updates that are waiting to be installed.
- If there are, make sure to install them. If not, you can also check the specific game to see if there are updates available.
- Go back to the Games section and highlight Rainbow Six Extraction, then select the game and press on Manage game.
- After that, scroll to the Updates section to make sure that there are no available updates for Rainbox Six Extraction.
- In case you have managed to find and install the updates, you need to reboot your console.
- Once you’ve done that, launch the game to see if now you will be able to connect to the server and play the game.
In case neither of the methods before has fixed your Rainbow Six Extraction server connection error Juliett, here is the last potential fix that players have used in order to fix it.
4. Switch the account status from Invisible to Online
The last thing you can try is to change your Xbox account status from Invisible to Online. This error could be happening because the Ubisoft launcher is not letting your game connect to the server while you are on Invisible status.
All you have to do in order to fix this issue is to click on your profile and change the profile status from Invisible to Online.
Note: This method will only work if you are playing the game through the Ubisoft launcher.
Here are the steps you need to follow to fix the Rainbow Six Extraction server connection error Juliett by doing this:
- The first thing you should do is to open the Ubisoft Launcher.
- Once you’ve done that, click on your profile in the top right corner and click on Online to set the profile status to online.
- After you’ve done that, launch the Rainbox Six Extraction game and test it to see if the server connection error Juliett is still not letting you play the game.