Microsoft PC Manager is an optimization tool released by Microsoft recently to boost performance. However, you may have faced issues while installing this software as it is still in beta.
This issue can occur if you don’t have administrator privileges or your Windows Installer services aren’t working properly. Before applying the following methods, try waiting for at least 10-20 minutes, as it takes several minutes to install Microsoft PC Manager if it gets stuck at 32 percent.
1. Install Microsoft PC Manager from offline installer
Microsoft PC Manager comes with a package that includes the actual installer and Bing Service installer.
It is possible that the Microsoft Bing service might have failed to install when you run Microsoft PC Manager, as it requires Windows installer service to function properly. Therefore, you can try installing the Microsoft PC Manager without Microsoft Bing Service. Follow these steps:
Note: You will require an application to extract the installer file, such as WinRAR or 7zip. We are demonstrating these steps using the WinRAR application.
- Right-click the PCMgrDPInstaller
- Click Extract to “PCMgrDPInstaller\”
Note: We recommend using WinRar for the extraction process.
- Wait for the extraction to finish, then navigate to the extracted folder
- Double-click the MSPCManagerOffline
- Check I Accept End User License And Privacy Agreements
- Then, click Install and check if the issue persists. If it is, then proceed to the following methods.
2. Close the Microsoft PC Manager processes from the background
If the program is already installed and running in the background Windows won’t recognize it properly, and the Microsoft PC Manager won’t install. Follow the steps to close all the Instances related to Microsoft PC Manager:
- Right-click the taskbar from the bottom
- Click Task Manager to open
- Select the PCMgrInstaller and click End Task from the bottom right of the Window
- Once you close all the processes, try installing Microsoft PC Manager to check if it fixes the Microsoft PC Manager not installing issue.