Mail app error code 0x8007139f occurs when a user tries to send an email to someone. This error usually occurs after failed windows updates, malfunctioning of the system components, app crashing, or if some bugs are found during the installation/downloading process. Because of this error, the users are not able to synch with emails.
Here are some reasons why mail app error code 0x8007139f on windows 10/11 occurs;
- Presence of Bugs: The presence of bugs or Software glitches corrupt the important files of the application. They interfere with functioning and even crash the mail app. That is why the app does not synch with emails. You can fix this issue by using a scanning tool and repairing them in some other way.
- App Settings: Sometimes the mail app error code 0x8007139f occurs when the system loses access to the app. The application settings are turned off that cease it to run properly on the system. You can simply go to windows settings and turn on the required functions.
- Failed Windows Updated: The outdated windows usually do not support the new features of windows. It is very important to check the latest available updates and download them to your system from time to time.
- Crashed App: The Mail app error code 0x8007139f can also be because of the crashed app. The bugs or system corrupt files can crash it. The users cannot send email through it. So, when the Mail App gets crashed, you need to uninstall it from your system and then reinstall it.
- Problem with Microsoft Account: Sometimes the problem in MS Account can be a reason for this error. If it gets stuck or just not working with the mail app, you can shift to the local account. It will help you in syncing with emails.
1. Check the Mail privacy settings
When you download Mail and Calendar App in your system, it needs activation and access to some features. So, you should go check the settings and turn on all the access required to fix the Mail app error code 0x8007139f on windows 10/11.
- Press the window key + I and open the Privacy & Security
- Now scroll down to the Emails option and open it.
- Check that the Email access, App access, and mail & Calendar option should be turned on.
2. Repair or Reset Microsoft Stores
The Mail & Calendar app is associated with Microsoft Stores. If there are some bugs in the mail app or if its files get corrupt, you can repair them, by repairing or resetting the Microsoft stores. So, the following steps will help you in repairing the apps. But you need to save or have a backup of your data otherwise you can lose it all by resetting the MS Stores
- Click on the Start Menu and open the Windows Settings.
- Now click on the App and select the Apps & Features
- So, scroll down and search for Microsoft Stores. Then click on the three-dotted icon and select the advanced options.
- Scroll down and go to the Reset Click on the Repair option. It will not delete your saved data.
- Wait till your Microsoft Stores get repaired. But if it didn’t work, click on the Reset But resetting will delete all the data stored on your device.
- Wait for reset process completion, then check if the problem is fixed or not.
3. Run the Windows Store App Troubleshooter
If you are still facing the Mail app error code 0x8007139f on windows 10/11., you can run the Windows Store app troubleshooter. Troubleshooting is a built-in feature in windows 10/11. It can detect the issue and resolve it on its own. If the Microsoft stores have some issue, it affects its apps too. Windows Store app troubleshooting will help you in detecting the issue and repair it. So, follow these steps;
- Press Windows Key + I to open the Windows Settings.
- Click on the System and go to troubleshoot Now click on the other troubleshooters.
- Scroll down and go to the Windows Store App. Then click on Run It will take some time to detect the problem and then repair the issue itself.
4. Allow the Mail App through Windows Firewall
Windows firewall helps in filtering the information that comes from the internet to your system. Sometimes, bugs entered your system via the internet and can cause issues with the mail app in sending or receiving the emails. You can simply allow your app through Firewall so no external threat can damage your system. Here are some steps you can follow;
- Go to the start menu and open the Windows Settings. Now go to Privacy & Security.
- Click on Windows Security and then select Firewall & Network Protection.
- So, scroll down and click on Allow an app through Firewall. Click on Change Settings.
- Now, go to Mail and Calendar and select the checkboxes of both private and public.
- Pres Ok and restart your system. Hopefully, the problem will be fixed.
5. Login with the Local Account
Sometimes the error can occur because of a problem in Microsoft account. It simply does not sync with emails or is unable to use the mail app. In this case, you can shift to your local account and fix the issue. So here are some steps that can help you in shifting to a local account;
- Press the Windows key + I and open the settings.
- Click on Accounts and then select Your Info
- Now click on Sign-in with local Account instead. Enter the credentials and select Then click on sign-out and finish.
- So, now sign in with a Local account and access the Mail App. Check if the problem is fixed or not.
6. Reinstall the Mail and Calendar App
If you have applied all the above methods, but still getting Mail app error code 0x8007139f. Then there are possibilities that your app get crash. You can simply uninstall it from your system and reinstall it. So, here are some steps that you can follow for reinstallation;
- Press the Window key + I and open the Settings.
- Click on App and select App & Features option
- Then go to the search bar and type Mail and Calendar.
- So, click on the three-dotted icon and press the Uninstall.
- Now open the Microsoft Stores from Start Menu and search for the Mail and Calendar app and click on Get download it.
- Now you can launch and use it by simply searching it from the start menu. Add your credentials and check if the mail app is working properly.