Jailbreaking your iOS device opens up a whole new world of opportunities for you. It brings additional features and functionalities on your iPhone, which are not available on unjailbreaked devices. But, besides the advantages, jailbreaking has its own downsides. This procedure will void your iPhone’s warranty and may cause performance and security issues for your iOS operating system. However, many iFolks still decide to jailbreak their iPhones. And, if you want to go that route, here you can find the easiest way to jailbreak your iPhone on iOS 9.2 – 9.3.3 without using a computer. Additionally, this jailbreaking method does not require your Apple ID login credentials, and will not take more than 5 minutes of your precious time. So, enough talking. Let’s get the job done.
Always Backup First
Before jumping into the jailbreaking process make sure you backup your iDevice. And, if you haven’t done it yet, here you can find how to perform it without using your computer How to Backup an iPhone Without Wi-Fi or a Computer.
Supported Devices and iOS Versions
This tutorial can be used for jailbreaking iDevices that run iOS 9.2 or iOS 9.3.3. So, if you have an earlier iOS version, you will need to update first. Thought it is not mandatory, we recommend installing iOS 9.3.3 on your device. Apple has fixed many bugs from iOS 9.2 to iOS 9.3.3.
If you are wondering whether you want to use this jailbreak method on your specific device, here is the list of supported iDevices: iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPod Touch 6Gen.
The Jailbreaking Steps
- Launch Safari on your iDevice.
- Navigate to iclarified.com/jailbreak/pangu-pp/
- Tap on the Install Now link at the bottom of the page.
- Tap on Install when the message appears on your screen.
- Now, the PP app will start downloading to your iDevice. Observe the downloading process carefully. Immediately after it finishes, (changes from Loading… to Installing…) swipe up your Control Center and toggle Airplane Mode ON. This step will allow PP to install on your device successfully. Once the installation process finishes, you can toggle Airplane Mode OFF.
- Now, you need to trust the developer profile used to sign in the PP app. To allow that, Go to Settings, tap on General, then open Device Management.
- Choose Beijing Hong Yuan Online Technology from the Enterprise Apps
- Tap on Trust Bejing Hong Yuan Online Technology, and then tap Trust again, on the popup message.
- Click the home button to return to your home screen, and launch the PP app.
- When a popup message appears asking you to allow push notifications click OK.
- Untick the PP box located below the large circle, and then tap the circle.
- Press the Power button to lock your screen and wait for 6 seconds.
- A push notification will appear on your lock screen telling you that your device has been successfully jailbroken.
- Unlock your iDevice and launch the PP app. You will notice a loading animation on the circle. It is adapting the jailbreak environment for Cydia. When it finishes, your device will respring (soft reboot) with the Cydia app on the Springboard.
Note: This jailbreaking method is tethered. It means that requires re-executing the jailbreak procedure after each reboot. So, DO NOT delete the PP app from your iDevice. You will need to re-run it and tap the circle whenever your device reboots.
As you know jailbreaking is a method that has its own pros and cons. If you want to try the features that jailbreak offers, just follow the steps from above and you won’t have any additional problems. If for any reason you are not happy with the features and functionalities that jailbreaking offers and you want to go back and unjailbreak your iDevice, you can check the following article How To Unjailbreak Your iPhone.
Feel free to share your jailbreaking experience and thoughts in the comment section below. Do you prefer using jailbreaken or unjailbreaken iDevices?