How to Type Squared Symbol on Windows, iPhone and on Android
Squared symbols can be used for a lot of reasons when texting. While you can find an easy shortcut on both, Android and Windows phone, but for an iPhone you will have to make a shortcut to use it on your phone. You can follow the steps as mentioned below to write down the squared or cubed symbol on your phone.
Since I am an android user, I would like to start with my phone. Using squared symbol on an android can be super easy as it has the symbol built-in the phones number keys which can be accessed through the following steps.
- Open the keyboard for your phone, and open the numeric keypad to see all the numbers on your phone’s screen.
- Long press the number 2 as showing on your keyboard. This will open the other options for this key on the keyboard. For an Android, this is where you will find the Squared symbol.
You can also use a Cube symbol by long-pressing the number 3.
- This is how the square symbol will look like.
The Android Phones and Windows Phone might work in the same way when talking about how to use square symbols. Just how we clicked the numbers keypad on the phone, similarly, we will do the same for a Windows phone.
- Open the keyboard of your phone. You can open the message window or just the notes app.
- Open the numeric keypad now, and long-press the number two until it shows you more hidden options for this key.
- This is how the squared symbol will appear in your text.
An iPhone does not have an inbuilt symbol for square or cube symbols. If you are an iPhone user, here is what you need to do.
- Open the Settings tab for you phone.
- Keep scrolling down on the screen until you find the tab for ‘Keyboard’.
- When you open the settings for Keyboard, you will find the tab for ‘Text Replacement’. Tap on this next.
- Tap on the ‘+’ symbol in the top right corner of the screen that now appears. This is basically an adding button for you. By clicking this, you can add any symbol as you like.
- The space for ‘Phrase’ is where you would simply copy and paste any symbol (in this case the squared symbol which I copied from a message sent on an App). The ‘Shortcut’ is where you will write down how you can access this phrase without using a tab for it. You will write down a shortcut for it so that whenever you type the shortcut, you will get the phrase instead. Save it next.
- You can try this on your iPhone. Now whenever I type the shortcut ‘^2’ on the keyboard, I see the symbol as a suggestion writes under the space for typing.
Now, while the square symbol is shown as a symbol in all the three kinds of phones, there is another way of squaring your text. You can use the ‘^’ to show the reader that whatever you will write after this will be a power to that number. For instance, 6^2, means, 6 to the power 2.