Several new Samsung users may wonder how to transfer data from their iPhone to their Galaxy S6 or S7. In this guide, I’ll share two easy options to transfer data data from your old iPhone to your new Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 (Edge).
Method 1: Using The Samsung Smart Switch Mobile App
- Connect the Micro USB OTG Adapter supplied from with your device. Then connect your Apple USB cable to your iPhone and then connect both cables to link your devices.
- A download link to the Smart Switch Mobile app will automatically open after the initial setup of your Samsung Galaxy S6/S7. Download the Samsung Smart Switch Mobile app from Google Play if you were unable to get the download link.
- On your Samsung phone launch the Smart Switch app and tap on Start with iOS Device selected as your old device.
- Tap Trust on your iPhone when the prompt pops up.
- On your Galaxy, a prompt will show on your screen asking for an app for the USB device. Tap Smart Switch and then Just Once.
- Tap IMPORT FROM iOS DEVICE, wait for the devices to connect to each other and then tap SEARCH FOR CONTENT. It might up to 15 minutes to search for all the content to be imported.
- Smart Switch offers links to same or similar applications installed on your iPhone. Browse through the list and install the apps you need. On this same page, you can choose the content you want to move.
Once it has finished calculating the total size of the content tap IMPORT to start transferring your data and wait patiently as the data is transferred from your iPhone to your Galaxy smartphone.
- Tap Done when the Completed screen shows informing you of the successful transfer. You can exit the Smart Switch app and go through your phone to check if the files have been transferred.
Method 2: Using Samsung Smart Switch for PC
- Open iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone to your computer using the lightning cable.
- Click on the iPhone icon on the iTunes bar.
- Under Backups, click Back Up Now. When the backup is complete, disconnect your iPhone from your computer. Your iTunes backup is located at C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\ by default.
- Open Smart Switch and connect your Galaxy S6/S7 (Edge) to your computer using a USB cable. When the main screen appears with your device displayed in the center, click Restore to start the transfer process.
- Click on Restore Now to begin the transfer process.
If you want to select what items you want to transfer, click the Change data to restore button and choose what content is transferred.
- Click Confirm after a new screen notifies you on the successful transfer. At this point, the data on your iPhone should be on your Samsung Galaxy Smartphone.