It is quiet common for your AOL desktop to get corrupted and as a result you reinstall without knowing that you will end up losting your favorites, signature, saved passwords and other settings.
Luckily, AOL keeps a copy of your PFC (Personal Filing Cabinet) which would help you restore everything into your newly installed AOL.
Simply follow the steps below to restore your PFC.
1. Locate the AOL Saved PFC folder on your destkop and open it by clicking on it.
2. Open the folder that corresponds with your AOL Version (which had been uninstall/deleted/corrupted). If you are unsure which version of AOL you were using and if there are multiple folders present here then sort the folders by date and open the most recent one.
3. Locate the ‘organize’ folder and open it.
4. Right click the file name containing your username without any extension in its name and select “Copy”.
5. Once copied, close all windows.
6. Click Start and type sinf OR search for AOL System Information within the Start Search and select it from the results displayed.
7. From the AOL System Information console, select AOL Software from the left menu.
8. Click Open Data Folder.
9. In the Data Folder which opens either hold the CTRL key and press V OR right click and select Paste.
10. After successfully pasting the data you copied from the PFC folder re-open AOL Desktop and see if your stuff is back in there.