Invert Color feature in iPhone is to make the digital screen comfortable to look at and ease the eyestrain. In a dark room or cinema, the bright screen can be a painful experience, but invert colors can provide better contrast for those who need it. As simple as the feature is, most users are unaware of where this option is in the iPhone and how to turn it on. In this article, we will show you how to invert colors on iPhone devices.
You can enable the invert colors option in your iPhone through two methods.
Method 1: How to Enable the Invert Colors on iPhone
By default, the invert colors feature is disabled in iOS. You can enable it by navigating to settings of your phone and checking accessibility options. This method is for enabling the invert colors and keeping it until you turn it off again in settings.
- Go to your Settings on your iPhone and tap General option in the list.
- Select the Accessibility option and tap on Display Accommodations option.
- Tap on the Invert Colors option and you will find two invert option there. Tap on Smart Invert or Classic Invert to enable the color invert.
Note: Smart Invert will reverse the colors of the display, except for images, media and some apps that use dark color displays. Classic Invert will reverse the color of display and all the images, media and applications with dark color displays
- Finally, will find your phone colors inverted.
Method 2: How to Add Invert Colors to Accessibility Shortcut
Just like the above method, this does the same job. However, sometimes a user will want to quickly enable the invert colors option and disable it back through a shortcut. Accessibility Shortcuts option provides this option to enable/disable this feature by just pressing the phone buttons. Users don’t need to go to settings each and every time they need this feature. You can enable the shortcut by following the below steps:
- Go to the Settings on your iPhone and tap on the General option in the list.
- Select the Accessibility option, scroll down and choose Accessibility Shortcut option at the bottom.
- Toggle ON the Smart Invert Now tap the side button 3x time on iPhone X or later and Home button on earlier versions of iPhone.
- Now you can use Invert Colors feature through a shortcut.