Fortnite has taken the gaming community by storm by competing for PUBG in a very unique way where players are encouraged to be creative while also having lots of action. It is one of those Battle Royale games which have changed everything.
However, recently a lot of issues have started to arise in Fortnite. Numerous reports have been coming lately of the error ‘Entry point not Found’ in Fortnite. This issue usually occurs when users are starting their game when the update process somehow failed. This issue has been there in Fortnite from the start and continues to grow as time progresses. In this article, we will go on and discuss the causes and solutions to solve the problem under discussion.
What causes the error ‘Entry Point not Found’ in Fortnite?
After receiving numerous complaints, we started our investigation and came to the conclusion that the issue occurred due to several different reasons which also involved the operating system. Here are some of the causes:
- Corrupt Binary files: A lot of different games have Binary files present in their directories which assist the game to play. If these are corrupt or not working properly, you will experience numerous issues including the one under discussion.
- Computer in corrupt configuration: Like all machines, the computer also gets into error configurations and some of its modules get corrupt. This is a very common scenario and is usually fixed by a simple power cycle.
- Corrupt game files: Another possible reason why you are unable to launch Fortnite and receive the error is that you have corrupt game files. This usually occurs when you interrupt an update process or shift the game from one drive to another.
- Bad EasyAntiCheatFiles: EasyAntiCheat is a module used by Fortnite to prevent users from cheating by adding scripts to the game. Its mechanics are tied closely to Fortnite and if it is corrupt and not working, Fortnite won’t as well.
Before we start with the solutions, make sure that you are logged in as an administrator on your computer and have an active internet connection. Also, you must have your credentials at hand as you will be required to enter them when we refresh everything.
Solution 1: Deleting the Binaries Folder
The very first step which we will perform in our troubleshooting is refreshing the Binaries folder from your Fortnite installation. The Binaries contain blocks of metadata which is used by the game to load headers whenever it is starting or installing an update. If the Binaries are incomplete or somehow corrupt, you will experience numerous problems including where you get the error message of ‘Entry Point not Found’. In this solution, we will navigate to your file directory, locate Fortnite and then delete the Binaries folder. The next time you launch Fortnite, the folder will be rebuilt and hopefully, the issue will be solved.
- Press Windows + E to launch the File Explorer and navigate to the following directory:
C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Fortnite\FortniteGame
Note: Go to Program Files (x86) if you don’t find the folder in the normal program files.
- Now, delete the Binary files from there. Exit the file explorer and restart your computer.
- Once you have restarted your computer, launch Fortnite launcher, click on the gears icon and select Verify.
- Now the game will start comparing the local version of the game with an online manifest. If it finds any discrepancy, it will download a fresh copy and replace it. In this case, the Binaries will be found missing and replace accordingly.
- After the verification is complete, restart the launcher and check if the issue is resolved for good.
Solution 2: Power Cycling and Checking your Internet Connection
Power cycling allows users to completely refresh the computer’s temporary configurations and remove any error states of modules. Every computer has numerous configurations saved and they are accessed both by the game and the OS. If you haven’t shut down your computer for a long time, some configurations might get corrupt and cause the error message under discussion. Here, we will completely refresh your computer by restarting it and see if the error resolved.
- Take out the main power cable of the router and your computer (after shutting it down) from the socket. Now, press and hold the power button for around 4-6 seconds.
- Once you have done this, take a break for around 3-5 minutes so we are sure that the power has been drained from the computer.
- After the time has elapsed, re-plug everything back and then wait a few minutes so the network is broadcasting again properly and your computer starts up.
- Now check whether the issue is solved and you can play Fortnite without any issue.
Solution 3: Repairing the Anti-cheat System
Fortnite has an anti-cheat system that detects scripts and cheats from a mile ago and bans the account/computer from playing the game. This behavior is seen in almost every online game. These anti-cheat systems are closely packed and functioning with the system and if there is any discrepancy in their installation, the game will throw unexpected errors like the one under discussion. In this solution, we will attempt to repair the Anti-cheat system and see if this fixes the problem.
- Press Windows + E and navigate to the following directory:
C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Fortnite\FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64\EasyAntiCheat
- Once you see the executable “EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe”, right-click on it and select Run as administrator.
- Once you have selected Fortnite, click Repair Service.
- Once the repairing is complete, restart your computer completely and then check if the issue is resolved and you can play the game.
Solution 4: Reinstalling Fortnite
If the solution of repairing the anti-cheat system fails to work in solving the problem of ‘Entry point not found’, we will go ahead and try to reinstall the game completely. This will not only get a fresh copy from the servers but will also eliminate any other issues belonging to the configuration of the game. Make sure that you have your credentials at hand as you will be asked to input them.
- Press Windows + I to launch the Settings application and navigate to the subheading of Apps.
- Now look through the entries and click on Epic games launcher. Select the Uninstall button present underneath.
Another way to uninstall the game (if you are running an older version) is to press Windows + R, type “appwiz.cpl” and uninstall from there.
- Now restart your computer properly and download the entire game again. Check if the error message is resolved.
Solution 5: Checking for Windows Updates
If none of the other methods work, we will move on to checking whether your computer has the latest updates or not. The game usually keeps itself updated with the latest version of OS. They do have backward compatibility but they don’t work quite well sometimes. In this solution, we will navigate to the update settings on your computer and download any pending updates and install them.
Here is the method on how to update Windows to the latest version.
- Press Windows + S, type “update” in the dialogue box and launch the Settings app.
- Now, click on the button of Check for Updates.
- After the updates are installed, restart your computer and launch the game. Check if the issue is resolved.