Control is an action-adventure styled third Person shooter game which is the latest release from the developer Remedy Entertainment. It has become quite popular among gamers due to its different playstyle and uniqueness. It was initially released for PlayStation 4 and Xbox one, but now it is also available for PC.
Why is the game crashing frequently?
As the game is relatively new, there are still a few bugs and compatibility errors, numerous users have reported that they are facing game crashes whenever they try to launch the game. The reasons for the crash are not exactly determined, but we have found a few solutions that have fixed the problem for users. You may use the one that works out for you.
Solution 1: Update the graphics card Drivers
Assuming that the crashes are due to your graphic card drivers, a simple update or reinstall should fix the error.
- Go to your Device Manager. By right-clicking on Start Button and select device manager OR
If you are on Windows 7, you will need to access your device manager by going into the properties of My Computer.
- Under the Display Adapter, you should see your graphics card listed. Right-click on that and click on Update Drivers.
- If it does not work that way, you can manually download and install the driver by going to the graphic card manufacturer’s website and download the latest version.
Solution 2: Change graphic card settings
Next, you can try to change your graphic card settings by their respective controller applications.
- Right-click on your desktop and select Nvidia Control Panel.
- From the main-screen, try adjusting the slider and select “Use my preference emphasizing:” And see if it makes any difference when launching the game.
- Go to your Settings, by right-clicking on the desktop and select AMD Control Settings.
- Next, similarly, adjust your settings as below.
Solution 3: Deleting the render.ini file.
If you face the following error ” game_rmdwin7_f.exe is not responding” and a blank screen whenever you launch the game. There is a fix that requires you to delete a file from the installation folder called render.ini.
- Go to your installation folder.
- Locate the file render.ini.
- Delete the file and restart the game.
Check if the error is fixed.
Solution 4: Reinstalling the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable.
People have reported that they are facing Microsoft redistributable error when they launch the game, even if it is installed.
- The only solution to this is to reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable and check the situation with the game.
- Secondly, you can try to launch the game through Control_DX11.exe.
Due to the missing libraries with DirectX12, you may face problems launching the game so use the DX11 launcher.
Solution 5: Antivirus Exception
Sometimes it happens that your antivirus is interfering with the game and it is advisable to add your game to the exception list of your antivirus.
- Go to your antivirus settings by right-clicking your antivirus icon in your taskbar and access the user interface.
- Navigate to Exceptions.
- Click on Add Exception. Add Control as one of the exceptions.
Try launching the game again and see if it works without an error.
Solution 6: Running in Compatibility Mode.
Users have reported that their game ran fine after launching it in compatibility mode. Let’s see how:
- Go to your installation directory.
- Locate your game launcher.
- Right-Click on it, and select properties.
- Access the Compatibility tab.
- Under compatibility mode, check Run this program in compatibility mode for:
and select Windows 7 from the drop-down menu.
Solution 7: Reinstallation
If everything fails to work, the only choice you are left with Is a clean reinstallation of the game.