Several users are getting the “com.apple.mobilephone error 1035” error on their visual voicemail whenever they try updating or setting up their visual voicemail greetings. Visual voicemail lets you view your voicemail message that you receive. Voicemail greeting is the message that callers will hear before they are offered the opportunity to leave you a message. However, this error will prevent users from setting up their greetings. The full error message will be “The operation couldn’t be completed (com.apple.mobilephone error 1035)“.
What is Causing the ‘com.apple.mobilephone error 1035’ issue?
We managed to discover some of the most common causes that will trigger this particular issue. We have done this by looking at various user reports and the repair strategies that they used to get the issue resolved. Here is a shortlist with common scenarios that have the chance of triggering this particular error message:
- Network settings are glitched – In some cases, this issue occurs because of the network settings on your phone, which isn’t letting your voicemail to work properly. Several users finding themselves in a similar situation have reported that they managed to resolve the issue by resetting the network settings.
- Using WiFi over cellular data – As it turns out, this issue can also occur if the device you’re trying to use voicemail on; is using WiFi connection. If this scenario is applicable, you can resolve the issue by turning off the WiFi and using cellular data.
- Voicemail is not set up – Another potential case in which this error occurs is when you haven’t set up your voicemail through carrier method. This also applies to those who are unable to set up voicemail through phone settings.
- Cellular service is glitched – Sometimes, the connectivity to your carrier can be glitched due to several different reasons. Most users were able to solve this by disconnecting their phone from all the available cellular service through Airplane Mode.
This article will help you with different methods to resolve the “com.apple.mobilephone error 1035“. We will start from the most common and simple method to the detailed one.
Method 1: Turning On the Airplane Mode
Most of the time this error is caused by the connectivity of your phone to a cellular network or WiFi connection. The easiest way for solving this issue is by turning the Airplane Mode ON. On your main screen of the phone, you can swap down the notification bar and tap on the Airplane Mode option. Once it is ON all the connectivity to your phone will be turned off. You can wait for 30 seconds and then turn it back OFF by using the same method. This option can vary depending on the device you are using. For some devices, you need to go to settings or use the power button on the phone to get to Airplane Mode. After applying this method, you can now try updating or setting up the voicemail greeting on your phone.
Method 2: Changing from WiFi to Cellular Data
There is a possible chance that your WiFi is the reason that you are unable to set up your greetings for voicemail. Many users solved their problem by changing their network from WiFi to Cellular data. Your carrier provides the cellular data and that can be a better choice for voicemail settings.
- First, turn OFF the WiFi on your phone if it is ON.
- Go to your phone Settings and open Cellular option.
- Now tap on the toggle for Cellular Data option.
- Try using your voicemail and see if the problem still exists.
Method 3: Setup Your Visual Voicemail
If you are unable to set up your voicemail through phone settings, then you can try setting it up through your carrier. Voicemail is related to your carrier and it is best to be done this way. This may not work for all kind of carriers. You can easily apply this method by following the steps below:
- First, you need to turn OFF your WiFi if it is ON.
- Tap on the phone icon on your iPhone home screen.
- Press and hold 1 on your keypad to enter your voicemail settings.
- Enter your current voicemail password and set up your voicemail.
- Hang up the setup and restart your phone.
- Go to your voicemail and check if you still see an error.
Method 4: Reset Network Settings
Your network can be the culprit causing the issue for the application. Sometimes, the network can be blocking the application usage for your phone. Several users solved this issue by resetting their network settings. Resetting network settings will renew all the information related to the network that you are using on your phone. You can reset the network settings by following the steps below:
- Go to your phone Settings and open General option.
- Scroll down and tap on the Reset option.
- Now tap on the Reset Network Settings option and provide the pin code to confirm.
- Your phone will reboot and after that, you can try updating or setting up the voicemail greetings.