It often happens that you read a very good novel, or an educational book, and forget the name of the author or the title of the book. Has this ever happened to you? It happens to me all the time. I even forget the name of the movies that I watch and the cast. But all the readers out there who have a bad memory like mine would be happy to know that they can find the book on Google search even if all they remember is a phrase from the book. Yes, you heard me right. The main idea when finding a book online is to try all the keywords which could describe that book, and trust me when I say this, Google search will find you what you are looking for.
Follow the steps as mentioned below to find a book for which you don’t remember the title or the author’s name. There are two ways to go about it.
Using Google Search
- Open the Search engine for Google.
- How many of you have read ‘The Fault in the Stars’. Well, I am sure many of you have. So there was this really good dialogue in that which I couldn’t remember, just remembered a few words of it. So here is what I did, and which can be used in this case as well where you don’t remember the name of the book or the author. I started writing the search bar, all the words that I remembered and pressed the Enter key on the Keyboard. As I pressed the Enter key, all the related searches were in front of me, along with the book I had been looking for. This has been one of the easiest ways to find a book.
Tips to Remember: Assuming that you don’t remember what the books name was, or who the writer was, you obviously remember the storyline right? So just use the keywords that would go with that storyline and write those in the search bar. You don’t need specific phrases as well as long as you use the correct keywords describing the book or the story. Keywords can include a city or countries name which was the plot of the story, a protagonists name in the novel, or even basic idea describing the story for instance ‘cancer patient’ (if I am looking for the book The Fault in Our Stars’). The best thing about Google search is that it automatically suggests so many options related to what you have written in the search bar. This becomes even more easy for you to find what you are looking for.
Searching for a Book Through Google Books
It is similar to Google. In fact, Google Books works in the same exact way as Google does. The only difference is that Google Books is specifically designed for Books and people who love to read. Here, you WILL find the book no matter what you type (of course it has to be related to the book you are looking for).
- Open Google Books. I just searched for Google Books, on Google, and here is what I found. I simply clicked on the first link that appeared. And I was directed to another window.
- You can find all the books you have read on Google Play, all the books that you have ever bought here. This is an amazing venture by Google which helps readers keep their books sorted, while, they can also look for something they have read long back and have forgotten the names.
- On Google Books, you can read excerpts from the book to make sure that this is the book or not.
- You can also use the Advanced Google Search Page, which will give you the exact results for the information that you filled in if you remember, so that you can find something more to the point. Advanced Google Search Page is the best for Educational books, for instance, a course book, or a book that you need to cite in your work or thesis. Sometimes, professors and lecturers also need books that they have read somewhere but couldn’t quite remember the details of the book. Here, the detailed search for books can really help such people find the book they have been looking for.