All of you must be familiar with the wide range of products that Apple offers. These products are well-known for their quality and reliability. However, most of us believe that Apple has created an entirely different world for its products and these devices are just not compatible with any of our commonly used software or hardware. This perception comes from the fact that Apple generally designs everything itself. It has its own set of applications and software. Apple owns a dedicated voice assistant named Siri. Similarly, its hardware devices are also highly dedicated to be used with macOS.
Sometimes it happens that you do own an iPhone or an iPad but the rest of all your devices are non-Apple. It does not mean at all that these devices are not of good quality. Rather it is just that they come from brands other than Apple. For example, you can have Google Home Smart Speakers at your home for controlling your smart devices. But the problem here is that you do not have any smartphone other than an iPhone. So, you might have been thinking that these two devices i.e. the iPhone and Google Home are not compatible with each other. Therefore, they will never be able to function together.
However, this surely is a big misconception because your iPhone can be tuned to work with Google Home as well. Google Home is flexible enough to work with multiple devices from different brands. This is exactly why it also provides support for the iPhone. In this article, we will learn the method of Using Google Home with an iPhone. So, what are you waiting for? Let us just start reading this article together and gearing up ourselves for following these steps correctly.
How to Use Google Home with iPhone?
In order to use Google Home with an iPhone, you will need to perform the following steps:
- Connect your Google Home and iPhone with the same Wi-Fi network (whichever you are using at your home).
- Now download the Google Home application on your iPhone from App Store.
- Turn on the Bluetooth of your iPhone and install this application.
- After successfully installing the Google Home application, click on its icon in order to launch it.
- Now tap on the Add button and select the Set Up Device option.
- After that, choose the option saying, Set Up New Devices in your Home. As soon as you will tap on this option, your application will start scanning for the Google Home devices.
- Once you manage to find the Google Home device with which you want to connect, tap on it and click on the Next button.
- Now the Google Home application will start making a connection between your smart speakers and your iPhone. Upon making a successful connection, your Google Home device will play a sound. As soon as you hear that sound, just tap on the Yes option to confirm that you have heard the sound.
- You will now be asked to select the room where you want to set up your Google Home device. Choose the room in which your device is located and then tap on the Next button.
- Now choose the Wi-Fi network with which you want to connect your Google Home device and then tap on the Next button. Your Google Home device is intelligent enough to remember this network and it will use it when you want to set up more smart devices with it.
- After doing all this, you will be asked to train your Google Assistant (Google’s Voice Assistant) with your voice. But before that, you will need to Read the Information regarding it. After reading the information, tap on the Next button.
- Google Home uses its built-in Voice Match feature for training Google Assistant. Training is done to ensure that the voice assistant will be able to recognize your voice every time and it will display you personalized results whenever you will ask for something. Now speak Hey Google or Okay Google whenever you are prompted to do so and then tap on the Continue button.
- After this training, you will be asked to select Google Assistant’s Voice. You can choose whichever voice you like by tapping on it.
- Now you will have to choose if you want to see personalized results or not. For doing that, check or uncheck the Allow option by tapping on it. Note that if you will allow Google Home to show you personalized results, then it will be able to access your personal information from your iPhone.
- Google Home will also want to know your address i.e. your current location so that you can fully enjoy its location-based services as well. For doing that, just tap on the Allow option.
- Now you will be asked to select the Media Services that you want to avail i.e. Music Services, Video Services, etc. Just tap on these services, follow the steps that appear on your screen and then click on the Next button.
- You will now be asked to set up a name for your Google Home device. Just type in the Customized Name for your device and tap on the Next button.
- Now you will be asked if you want to receive emails about your Google Home device or not. If you want that, then you will be asked to Sign up for it. Otherwise, you can simply tap on the No Thanks option.
- Google Home application will also ask you to add a Payment Method. You will need to do it so that you can use your smart speakers for your financial transactions as well.
- After following all these steps, you will be able to view a Summary Screen comprising of all the settings that you have done thus far. From here, you can choose to add some other features too or even modify the existing ones. However, if everything seems alright, then click on the Continue button and finally, tap on the Finish Setup option.
If you manage to follow all these steps correctly, then you will be all set to use your Google Home with an iPhone just like you would have done it with any other regular non-Apple smartphone.