This is one of the most popular mistakes when we ask iCloud for approving the device. Apple is taking full responsibility and make sure of your data safe and that’s why even when you buy new iPad or iPhone and sign iCloud run into the same question. You can approve it on iCloud from Mac or other iOS. First, we will focus on how to approve the iOS device on iCloud.
Approving Mac From iOS Device on iCloud
When you get new Mac or upgrade Mac OS you need to approve it on iCloud and you can do it by following these steps:
- First, go to System preferences on Mac.
- Next, choose iCloud.
- Now you type your iCloud ID and password.
- Once you are done with that, it will remind you that you need 6 figures or Apple ID Verification to approve this Mac. Just open your iPhone which is signed in to iCloud and it will tell you there is another device on that iCloud and it will ask you to allow it or not. Click allow and it will give you the Apple ID Verification Code.
- Enter the Apple ID Verification Code and you have successfully approved Mac on iCloud.
Approve iOS Device From Another Device on iCloud
Approving iOS devices is very similar to approving Mac, there is just one point differently you need to understand.
- Go to Settings and choose iCloud.
- Type in your iCloud ID and password.
- Now you get the Apple ID Verification Code from other iPhones and enter the six figures.
- The difference is in this little thing where after you enter Apple ID Verification Code you will be asked to enter the iPhone passcode. Once you are done, you finish approving the device to iCloud.
If nothing works for you, then try to disable two-factor authentication or iCloud keychain.
You can also backup your important data to iCloud from the device. When you want to access that iCloud backup data on other devices, you can sign in to that same iCloud and do all the steps mentioned above to restore iCloud backup data. But, there is another way to sync data to another iCloud and you don’t need all that signing in on another iCloud and approving situation. If you want to do that you will need help from the application on App Store called “AnyTrans”. It is an easy and simple one-click data manager. AnyTrans enables you to transfer data without limit, like movies, photos, messages, music and so on. To sync data from one to another iCloud account follow these steps:
- Download AnyTrans and install it either on your PC or MAC.
- Unfold the Device Manager and click iCloud Manager.
- Click Add iCloud Account to log in to your two iCloud accounts.
- Now, scroll down to category management and click Photos.
- Select the files you want to sync and click “To iCloud” button and they will be transferred.