Cash App is rapidly becoming famous all across the US, with 51 Million users as of 2022. The app has many interesting features, including using a barcode to load money into the user’s account. This guide will take you through the steps of getting the barcode, methods which you can use the barcode to load money and pros and cons of Cash App. Let’s begin.
Table of Contents
Why Load Money In Cash App?
Before seeing how to load money, let’s see why even load money in the Cash App? Cash App has many benefits over simple cash and in some cases even over Google Pay and Apple Pay. Let’s discuss some of these benefits.
One unique feature of Cash App is that it allows you to trade Bitcoin. You can buy, sell or store bitcoin through the application. The process is relatively straightforward, and Cash App provides a user-friendly interface to make it easy for you, unlike some cryptocurrency exchange platforms which are not so easy to navigate. Although there are some transactional charges but they exist on every application.
2. Stock Trading:
Another plus point is the ability to perform stock trading. Open the app and go to the Investing section, where you can find information on available stocks. You can browse through the available stocks just for keeping tabs or you can also easily purchase them. You can also easily send purchased stocks to other users on the application.
3. Paying Utility Bills:
Why stand in long bank queues when you can easily pay utility bills from the convenience of your home. Yeah, that’s right you can also pay your bills through Cash App, just select the bill you want to pay, enter your consumer no and pay your pending bill.
How To Get Cash App Barcode?
Now that we are aware of the many uses of Cash App let’s look at how to get the barcode. Follow the below listed steps to achieve the task:
- Open your Cash App and login to your account using your pin or biometric.
- Once logged in, tap on the banking icon at the bottom left of your screen.
- Tap on the Paper Money option under “More Ways To Add Money” heading.
- Now tap on Show Barcode and on the following pop up click Show Barcode again.
- This will reveal the barcode which you can use to add money into your account.
It should be noted that this barcode is only valid for a one-time transaction within 30 minutes of its generation.
How To Use the Generated Barcode?
After generating this barcode, you may be wondering, well how exactly can I utilize this code? This barcode can be used for only one purpose, which is depositing money into your account through a selected merchant.
The way to do so is pretty easy, simply go to a nearby merchant, tell them how much you want them to deposit, give them the cash, allow them to scan this code and that is all. You will almost immediately receive the money in your account.
Now let’s look at the official merchants you can visit to add balance to your cash app.
- Walmart (Customer Service Desk/ Money Centers)
- Duane Reade
- Family Dollar
- Kum & Go
- Rite Aid
- TravelCenters of America
- Dollar General
- Pilot Travel Centers
You can also find the outlets of these stores near you when you select the Paper Money option. There is a map on that page highlighting all the nearby branches, making it convenient for you to visit one. See the above image for reference.
Other Methods To Load Money In Your Account
As mentioned before, this method can only be used to add money through a retailer, but what are the other methods using which you can add money to your account? Let’s discuss some of them:
1. Loading Money Through a Bank Account
If you have a bank account, you can link its debit card to your cash app and easily transfer funds from there to the Cash App. The process to do so is as follows:
- Go to the Cash App and tap on the profile icon at top right of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap on Linked Banks.
- Add your debit card info in the field and then tap on Link Card.
- This will add the card to your account.
Now whenever you want to add money to your account, you can easily do so. Another plus point is that if you do not have money in your Cash App, you can still pay a bill using Cash App as the money will directly be deducted from your bank account.
2. Asking a Friend To Send You Funds
You can also ask another Cash App user preferably a friend to send you money on your cash app. Just share your Cashtag with the person and they can use it to send you the funds. If the other person is physically near you, this can also be done by scanning your QR code. The process to check your Cashtag and QR code is as follows:
- Open your Cash App and tap on the QR code scan icon located at top-left of the screen.
- This will open up a scanner and below it will be the option of My Code.
- Tapping on it will reveal your accounts QR code and your $Cashtag written below your name.
- If your friend is near you have them scan your QR code or if they are not present near you, send them your Cashtag.
- Once they enter your $Cashtag or scan the QR code, they will then enter the amount and send it to you.
We hope that you enjoyed our guide regarding the use of Cash App application and how you can load money into it. If you found it helpful, kindly share it with your friends. In case of a query feel free to drop it down below. Until next time. Ciao
For an unverified account you can receive up to a thousand bucks, however, to increase this limit you have to verify your account using your name, ID and/or Social Security Number.
Generally nothing else should be required, but some places do check your ID before transferring the money. To be on the safe side keep your ID on you.
Your Cashtag is a unique ID that is assigned to you once at the creation of your account. It does not change, so you can remember it and use it in the future.
Such transactions are completely free as there is no transaction fee.