You’ve come to right place if your Yahoo account was hacked. What the hackers usually do is they redirect your e-mails to their own e-mail address, wipe off your contacts list. The reason behind this is that they send out an email to your contacts pretending to be you and demanding/requesting or asking them for money. At the same time, they do not want you to notice any of this because if you do notice it, then their plan fails.
Here’s what you should do to fix your Yahoo e-mail.
First and the most important step: (Change Your Password)
1. Login to your Yahoo account.
2. Click the Settings wheel on the top right.
3. Click Accounts from the left pane and click Change Your Password. Type in your new password and click Continue.
4. After the password has been changed, go back to settings and Click Filters from the left pane, and select each filter and click Remove so that there are no filters.
5. Then from the left pane choose Accounts again, and choose the option that says POP. Make sure that the second option which says “Forward” is not selected.
And then hit Save option.
This should fix your e-mails issue. Send yourself a test and see if it works.
To Restore Contacts
1. Choose the contacts icon from the top.
2. Click Actions and choose “Restore from Backup”
3. Choose a date before the account was hacked and hit Restore.
To Restore Deleted E-mails
Visit the link below
Click send a restore request and proceed with the steps on screen.