You’ve come to the right place if your Yahoo account has been hacked. What hackers usually do is redirect your emails to their own email address and erase your contacts list. The reason behind this is that they send out an email to your contacts pretending to be you, demanding, requesting, or asking them for money. At the same time, they do not want you to notice any of this because if you do notice it, then their plan fails.
Here’s what you should do to fix your Yahoo e-mail.
First and most important step: (Change Your Password).
1. Login to your Yahoo account.
2. Click the settings wheel in the top right corner.
3. Click on ‘Accounts’ in the left pane and select ‘Change Your Password.’ Type in your new password, then click ‘Continue’.
4. After the password has been changed, go back to settings and click Filters from the left pane. Then, select each filter and click Remove so that there are no filters.
5. Then from the left pane choose Accounts again, and choose the option that says POP. Make sure that the second option which says “Forward” is not selected.
And then hit Save option.
This should fix your email issue. Send yourself a test and see if it works.
To Restore Contacts
1. Choose the Contacts icon from the top.
2. Click ‘Actions’ and choose ‘Restore from Backup.’
3. Choose a date before the account was hacked, and click Restore.
Restore Deleted Emails
Visit the link below.
Click ‘Send a Restore Request’ and proceed with the steps on the screen.