The touch sensor that every Android device has on the iPhone models is known as Touch ID. The touch ID is used for lock and unlocks your iOS device. There are cases that users faced problems with their touch ID like there were unable to activate their touch ID and, in this article, we will show you how to fix this problem. These methods work with every model of Apple device.
Method 1: Activate Touch ID from Settings on iPhone.
This is the most direct fix to the matter that users cannot activate their touch ID.
- Open Settings App on your iPhone.
- Find and Open Touch ID and Passcode.
- Enter your password.
- Disable the iTunes app and restart your iPhone.
- After the restart, open settings app once more.
- Turn off iTunes and App Store.
- Here you can add a new fingerprint. You must delete the existing fingerprint. Just tap on the Delete button.
- Add a new Do this by placing your finger at the given area and follow the instructions in order to set it up correctly.
- Restart your After this, your new fingerprint will be activated.
Method 2: Reboot Your Device.
Force restart your iPhone maybe won’t get past the Apple logo but if something is stuck the simplest and yet good solution can be restarting your iPhone. Restarting your device also can be helpful in other minor problems.
How to reboot iPhone 6 and earlier models.
- Press and hold the Power button and in the same time Home button. Hold for about 10 seconds until you start seeing Apple logo on the screen once more, and then release the buttons.
How to reboot iPhone 7 and 7 Plus.
- Press and hold the Power button and Volume button in the same time. Hold for about 10 seconds until you start seeing Apple logo on the screen once more, and then release the buttons.
How to reboot iPhone 8, 8 Plus, X, XS, XS Max, XR.
- Press Volume Up button and release quickly.
- Immediately after releasing the Volume Up button, press and hold Volume Down button and in the same time the Power button. Hold for about 10 seconds until you start seeing Apple logo on the screen once more, and then release the buttons.
Method 3: Factory Restore Your iPhone.
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- Make sure that you have the latest version of the software. Open the Help tab and click on Check for updates, if there is newer version click Install.
- Connect your iPhone to your Pc or Mac. Use the USB cable for charging your iPhone.
- When connected if a message asks you to enter a passcode or to Trust this computer, follow the steps that are required.
- Select your device.
- In the summary panel, click Restore iPhone button.
- Click Restore again to confirm. iTunes will erase everything from your device and it will install the latest iOS software.
- After the process is finished set it up again.