A problem has occurred in BitDefender Threat Scanner. A file containing information. A file containing error information has been created at c:\windows\temp\BitDefender Threat Scanner.dmp. You are strongly encouraged to send the file to the developers of the application for further investigation of the error.
The pop up points to a Threat Scanner.dmp file which is unreadable in notepad (in most cases). If the pop up is left then your computer will restart after a while.
The reason of this error is the Spybot’s corrupted file. Usually one of its dll files gets corrupted that causes this issue.
Method 1: Run the PATCH
Since this is a known issue, BitDefender has a patch to fix it.
- Figure out the version of your OS see Method 4 (here). Then download and run the patch below corresponding to your Operating System architecture.
- For 32bit operating systems run this patch.
- For 64bit operating systems run this patch.
Method 2: Fixing corrupted files
- Click Start (bottom left corner) and select File Explorer. For windows 7, click start and select Computer or My Computer.
- Type C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot – Search & Destroy 2 in the address bar located on the top of the screen.
- Locate the file named SDAV.dll
- If you cannot find the file then go here and download the file from there.
- Once the download is finished. Locate the downloaded file. Right click then select copy.
- Go to the Spybot – Search and Destroy 2 folder (repeat step 2)
- Right click and select paste in the Spybot – Search & Destroy 2 folder
- If the file is already present then check the size of the file. To do that, right click on dll and select properties
- If the size is not 32KB then go here and download the file from there.
- Follow the steps from 5 to 7. But after you click paste, select replace the file in the destination.
Method 3: Remove and Reinstall
To fix this issue, follow the steps below:
- Go (here)
- Download the BitDefender Removal Tool.
- Run it, execute it and remove BitDefender.
- Re-download BitDefender and install it.