Black Ops4 was the latest addition to Activision’s lineup of Call of Duty games and being popular among the gaming community it was launched across all platforms. Black Ops has always been an innovative multiplayer FPS shooter for gamers and in spite of criticism, it attained a good position among the gaming community.
But recently we had many reports of an “Out Of Memory” error on Black ops 4. This error causes the game to crash and an error pops up which reads “Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4 is out of memory”. In this article, we will go over the causes of this error and try to fix it in different steps.
What Causes the “Out Of Memory Error” in Black Ops 4?
The Error can arise due to a number of reasons and causes but to make a list two of the most probable causes are
- Low Disk Space: You are running out of disk space on the partition in which you installed the game
- Page Filing Issue: The Virtual Memory Page Filing System does not have enough memory allocated to it.
Solution 1: Freeing Up Disk Space
If the disk space on the partition on which black ops 4 is installed is less than 1 GB then you have to free up space and make sure that the partition has an at least 1 GB of Memory Free or else you will continue to face these issues. Games like Black Ops require some additional memory to virtually store the game files on the drive which is why they require additional virtual memory on the disk in addition to RAM, therefore, in order to work efficiently, Black Ops will require additional space on the partition.
Solution 2: Page Filling Settings:
Page Filling is like a virtual memory on your hard drive each application requires a certain amount of virtual memory in order to function properly. If the virtual memory on the partition is low then you will see the out of memory error in order to eradicate this follow the steps below
- Right-Click on the Windows Logo in the bottom Left-hand corner.
- A little pop up appears, now left-click on “System“.
- From there Click on System Info
- A pop up will appear, From there click on System Protection
- Another Pop up appears, Click on Advanced.
- From there, Click on Settings under the Performance Heading
- Now a pop up opens up, From there Click on Advanced and then on Change
- Now make sure you uncheck the “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives” box.
- After that Check “Custom Size”
- In Initial Size type “1024 ” and in Maximum Size type “16000” and click on Set.
- Now click on OK and Restart your Computer.
Note: You should have at least 16 gigabytes of space free in the drive in which your windows is installed for this process if not then try to free up space or decrease the Maximum Size value to the space that is available but it should not be less than 8000
Solution 3: Updating Your Game
In a recent Release by Activision, they recognized the memory leak problems that the game was facing and said that they had been taken care of in the latest update. Therefore, to remove any additional memory related issues you need to update your game to the latest version for this
- For this purpose open your Blizzard Battle.net Launcher
- Click on Games and Select Call Of Duty Black Ops 4
- Click on Options
- Select Check For Updates
- This will automatically Check For Updates and prompt you to update your game