Bluestacks is an android emulator that lets you have the android fun on your PC. Even though Bluestacks is mainly used for playing android games on pc, it can be used for certain other applications like snapchat. The problem here is that users can’t seem to use snapchat on Bluestacks. You will usually get the error message that Snapchat isn’t supported by the version you are using which might be confusing for some users because Snapchat used to work on Bluestacks.
What causes Snapchat not to work on Bluestacks?
The main reason for you not being able to use snapchat on Bluestacks is:
- No Support: In this case, the error message tells you the exact reason why you can’t use snapchat on Bluestacks. The latest version of the Bluestacks (Bluestacks 3) doesn’t support Snapchat. For some reason, the developers of snapchat aren’t allowing it on the newer version of Bluestacks. So, the simple solution for this is to use the previous version of Bluestacks.
Method: Revert to Previous Version of Bluestacks
Since the problem is occurring because of compatibility issues with the new Bluestacks, the logical solution is to just revert back to the previous version of Bluestacks where the Snapchat app worked fine. Follow the steps given below to download and install the Bluestacks 2.
- First, you have to uninstall the current version of Bluestacks. So, hold Windows key and press R
- Type appwiz.cpl and press Enter
- Locate Bluestacks and select Click Uninstall and follow on-screen instructions. You can also just right click Bluestacks and select Uninstall
- Now click here and select Download You can use any other alternative website as well. The point here is to get a copy of the Bluestacks 2 installer.
- Once the file is downloaded, double click to run it and follow the on-screen instructions
Everything should work as expected once the Bluestacks 2 is installed.