Bluestacks is an android emulator that lets you have the android fun on your PC. Even though Bluestacks is mainly used for playing android games on pc, it can be used for certain other applications like Snapchat. The problem here is that users can’t seem to use Snapchat on Bluestacks. You will usually get the error message that Snapchat isn’t supported by the version you are using which might be confusing for some users because Snapchat used to work on Bluestacks.
What causes Snapchat not to work on Bluestacks?
The main reason for you not being able to use Snapchat on Bluestacks is:
- No Support: In this case, the error message tells you the exact reason why you can’t use Snapchat on Bluestacks. The latest version of the Bluestacks (Bluestacks 3) doesn’t support Snapchat. For some reason, the developers of Snapchat aren’t allowing it on the newer version of Bluestacks. So, the simple solution for this is to use the previous version of Bluestacks.
Method: Revert to the Previous Version of Bluestacks
Since the problem is occurring because of compatibility issues with the new Bluestacks, the logical solution is to just revert back to the previous version of Bluestacks where the Snapchat app worked fine. Follow the steps given below to download and install the Bluestacks 2.
- First, you have to uninstall the current version of Bluestacks. So, hold Windows key and press R
- Type appwiz.cpl and press Enter
- Locate Bluestacks and select Click Uninstall and follow on-screen instructions. You can also just right click Bluestacks and select Uninstall
- Now click here and select Download You can use any other alternative website as well. The point here is to get a copy of the Bluestacks 2 installer.
- Once the file is downloaded, double click to run it and follow the on-screen instructions
Method 2: Installing Casper
Snapchat developers are making certain modifications to the application due to which the application can’t be used on emulators. There is a workaround for this in the form of an application. Casper can be used to prevent the Snapchat application from detecting the emulator. Therefore, we will be downloading and installing Casper. For that:
- Download the “Casper APK” from here.
- Open Bluestacks and click on the “three dots” on the top right corner.
- Select the “Install Apk” button on the bottom right-hand corner.
- Select the file that you downloaded and Casper will be installed automatically.
- Open Casper and install the latest version of Snapchat on it.
Method 3: Using Beta Mode
Snapchat has a beta mode where they test new updates to the application before releasing them for the general public. This beta mode can be used directly on Snapchat without any hassles. In order to download the beta version of Snapchat:
- Open the Snapchat application on your mobile and login to your account
- Tap on the “Settings” icon.
- Scroll down and select the “Join Snapchat Beta” option under the “Advanced” heading.
- Now download and login to the application on Bluestacks.
- The beta version will automatically be implemented.