ESPN app may show the error 1008 mainly due to issues with the ESPN app. Application issues range from corrupt internal modules to missing installation files. The error occurs when viewing content on the ESPN app and is reported on all the ESPN-supported platforms like Android, iPhone, TVs, etc.
The following factors can be easily marked as the main ones to cause error 1008 on the ESPN app:
- Outdated ESPN App: You may encounter the error 1008 if the app is outdated, as the outdated app fails to fetch the required data/info from the ESPN servers due to incompatibility.
- Corrupt Cache and Storage of the ESPN App: If the cache and storage of the ESPN app have gone corrupt, then the app may fail to access essential data and thus show the error 1008.
- Corrupt Installation of the ESPN App: The ESPN app may also show the error 1008 if the app’s installation is corrupt (e.g., an improper application of an updated corrupted app’s installation), and due to this corrupt installation, the loading of the essential app modules is failing.
1. Update the ESPN App to the Latest Version
You may encounter the ESPN app error 1008 if the app is missing the latest patches from its developers, and due to this outdatedness, the app is no more compatible with its server and fails to fetch the required data. In this scenario, updating the ESPN app to the latest version may resolve the ESPN app issue under discussion.
For illustration, we will go through the process of updating the Android version of the ESPN app. Before proceeding, ensure the ESPN error 1008 is not a result of the ESPN server outage.
- Launch the Google Play Store and search for ESPN.
- Now open ESPN and if an update is available, tap on Update.
- Then wait till the update is installed, and once done, launch the ESPN app to check if it is operating fine.
2. Re-log into the ESPN App
A temporary communication glitch between the ESPN app and its server may result in error 1008, and re-logging into the application may clear the glitch.
- Launch the ESPN app and open its Settings.
- Now tap on Logout of ESPN Account, and afterwards, confirm to log out of the ESPN app.
- Once done, exit the ESPN app and remove it from the recent apps’ menu.
- Now launch the ESPN app and log in using your credentials to check if it is clear of the error 1008.
3. Clear Cache and Storage of the ESPN App
If the cache or storage of the ESPN app is corrupt, then the application may not be able to access certain components essential for the app’s operation. In this case, clearing the cache and storage of the ESPN app may solve the problem. For elucidation, we will go through the process of clearing the cache and storage of the Android version of the ESPN app.
- Launch the Android phone Settings and select its Application Manager.
- Now find the ESPN app and tap on it to open its settings.
- Then tap on Force Stop, and afterwards, confirm to force stop the ESPN app.
- Now launch the ESPN app and check if it is working fine.
- If not, repeat steps 1 to 3 to force stop the app and open Storage.
- Now tap on Clear Cache and then press the Clear Data button.
- Then confirm to clear the data of the ESPN app, and afterwards, restart your phone.
- Launch ESPN and log in using your credentials to check if its error 1008 is cleared upon restart.
4. Reinstall the ESPN App
If none of the solutions works, we can move forward and reinstall the application from scratch. This will fetch the latest files from the Play Store or AppStore and guarantee that all the files are up to date. This method will also force clean all existing data related to the application from your device.
- Launch your Android device Settings and open its Application Manager.
- Now open ESPN and tap on Uninstall.
- Then confirm to uninstall the ESPN app and restart your device.
- Upon restart, reinstall the ESPN app, and hopefully, it will be clear of the error 1008.
- If not, check if the ESPN app works fine on another network.
If that does not work, you may reset your device or TV to the factory defaults to clear the error 1008. You may contact ESPN support to resolve the error if the error persists.