Downloading all photos at once from iCloud to a Windows PC is a problem that many PC+iDevice users have nowadays. The new iCloud web interface does NOT allow the old key-combination (Shift + Click) for selecting all images. Instead, you can only select them one by one with pressing Command + Click simultaneously. However, the option for downloading all your images at once now is available in your system tray, while the iCloud manager app is installed on your PC, and is running. Here you can learn how to use it to download all your iCloud images at once.
Using the iCloud Application for Windows
- Download the iCloud application for Windows if you haven’t already.
- Navigate to the official iCloud for Windows web page and click Download.
- Once the download finishes, open the file and run through the installation process.
- Now, log in the iCloud manager app using your iCloud account. Here is how it should look.
- While the program is running, take a look at the notification tray (lower right corner of your screen where your clock, battery, and other icons reside). You should see a little iCloud icon located there.
- When you found it, click on it, and you will see 2 options: Download photos / Upload photos.
- Now, click on Download photos and that should give you the option for selecting all of your iCloud photos (or year titled folders).
Note: If this window pops up, just wait for a couple of minutes and try again.
- Once the window for selecting your pictures appears, check the box ALL and click Download.
- Depending on how many photos you have, you may need to wait a while until you get them all on your PC. Just leave your laptop (or desktop) to finish the process.
- When it’s done, check-in your iCloud /iCloud Photos / Downloads folder.
NOTE: This method may no longer work, if this is the case please use the following method below.
Using iCloud WebApp
Unfortunately, Apple has changed certain elements of the iCloud application and the above method isn’t viable for newer versions. Therefore, in this step, we will be applying the latest method to download pictures and videos in bulk from the website. For that:
- Sign in to iCloud online with your apple id.
Note: You will need to sign up if you don’t already have an account.
- Click on the gallery icon and navigate to the top
- Select a picture, press shift and then select the last picture.
Note: There is a limit of 1000 at a time, make sure to select less than a thousand)
- Click on the “Cloud with a download sign” in the top right corner.
- The files will be downloaded to the computer in a zip file.
Note: Make sure iCloud sync is turned On on the iPhone.
This method worked for me on the latest iCloud manager app for Windows (file version 188.8.131.52). Be aware that at some point in the future (when a new redesigned release of the app will be released) this method may not be useful. So, make sure you let me know if this worked for you in the comment section below. I would like to update the article when Apple changes the rules.