PDF is a document format that is mostly used for sharing and printing documents in an electronic form. Every PDF file will have different information and different page patterns. When combining two or more PDF files there will be some information or page sizes that will be not suitable overall. Many users also face the issue of having different sizes for their PDF pages. Some others will just want to crop or resize the article to the needed information from one of the full pages of PDF. In this article, we are going to show you methods through which you can easily crop the PDF pages.
The crop feature can also be used to set the same size for all the unequal pages in the PDF file. Sometimes there will be a URL or page numbers that you can crop out for all the PDF pages.
1. Crop or Resize PDF by using the Acrobat Pro DC
The Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is one of the famous applications that is used for sharing, viewing, editing, and printing PDF files. It has many tools that can be used for editing any type of PDF file. The crop option can be found under the Edit PDF tool. This is a premium application, however; you can still use the trial version for 7 days. It can crop a single page or multiple pages with the same cropping dimensions. Follow the below steps to see the crop feature usage.
Note: Adobe Acrobat Pro DC application is available for multiple platforms.
- Open the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC by double-clicking on the shortcut or searching it through the Windows search feature.
Note: If you don’t have the application, then simply download it from the official Adobe site. It also gives the free trial option.
- Click on the File menu in the menu bar and choose the Open option. Select the PDF that you want to crop and open it.
- Click on the Tools tab and select the Edit PDF tool from the list of tools.
- After that, you get an Edit PDF toolbar with different options. Click on the Crop Pages tool, click and drag the mouse button to select the area for cropping.
- Once selected, double-click on the selected area, and a new window will appear.
- In the Set Page Boxes window, you can set the size of the crop page with different options. You can also apply the same setting for multiple pages in the Page Range section.
- Click on the Ok button to apply the changes. The page will be cropped and it will look different from the default size of pages.
2. Cropping PDF by using the Online Site
Many sites provide the crop feature for PDF documents. Using an online site is the best option for those who just want to use the crop feature for once. It saves both time and space for the user that is trying to crop the PDF document. In this method, we are using the Sejda site for cropping PDF. You can use any other site that you are comfortable with. However, if the document contains sensitive or private information, then it is best to use the offline method.
Note: The online site method can be used on Windows, macOS, Android, and any other platform that has a web browser.
- Open your browser and go to the Sejda site. Click on All Tools and select the Crop tool from the list.
- Click on the Upload PDF Files button to upload your PDF file. You can also click on the drop-down menu to export PDF files from cloud storage or URL.
- It will give you three different options. Two of the options for automatic cropping for all pages. The third option “Preview pages & select” option will allow users to select and crop each page manually.
- Select the Page by page tab for the preview mode. Now start cropping my click and drag or providing the dimension value for pages. Once you are done with the settings, click on the Crop PDF button.
- If you have a downloader, it will automatically start the downloading. Otherwise, simply click on the Download button to start downloading the cropped PDF file.
If these are not the options you are looking for, you can edit the PDF file and change the text, images, and signature accordingly. You can also use a screenshot program to take a screenshot of the page area that you want to crop and save it as a PNG file.