The continuous Apple logo loop is a problem faced by many iOS users across the globe – a problem in which an Apple device refuses to boot up when connected to its charger and keeps displaying a loop of the Apple logo. In addition, once the charger is disconnected, the device powers down regardless of the amount of time it was connected to the charger.
Apparently, there is no universal cause for the continuous Apple logo loop problem, as users who have managed to remedy the issue have identified a variety of factors, from a faulty battery to a simple buildup of electric charge in the circuitry as the problem. Moreover, it seems that different fixes worked for different people suffering from this problem. The following are the three fixes that have proven to solve this issue for the majority of the iOS users affected by it:
Method 1: Boot the device into DFU mode.
- Connect the device to its charger and wait for the Apple logo loop to start.
- Press and hold the Power Button and Home Button simultaneously for 10 seconds.
- Let go of the Power Button, but continue holding the Home Button for an additional 15 seconds.
- The device will have now booted into DFU mode, from which it can be connected to iTunes.
As simple as this fix may seem to be, it has worked for the majority of the people suffering from the continuous Apple logo loop.
Method 2: Replace the device’s battery.
- Purchase a replacement battery for the device, making sure that the APN number on the new battery is the same as the one on the old one.
- Open the device, as the battery of any Apple device is not user-replaceable. Even though this step may seem tricky and difficult, as long as a person follows essentially any online tutorial on opening their device and proceeds with the process carefully, they should be fine.
- Extract the old battery and install the new one.
- Vigilantly, close the device back up.
- Boot up the device, and the continuous Apple logo loop problem should have subsided.
Method 3: Replace the charging dock.
Lastly, but certainly not least, another fix that seems to have worked for a substantial number of people suffering from the continuous Apple logo loop is replacing the charging dock.
All a person needs to do is purchase a new charging dock and use it to charge their device; the device should then boot up normally.