Many users report that they can no longer spend more than a few seconds inside Call of Duty Modern Warfare because the game crashes with the error code 0x00000001419101f1. This issue seems to be specific to Windows PC.
After thoroughly investigating this particular issue, it turns out that several different underlying scenarios might directly or indirectly cause this problem. Here’s a list of culprits that you should troubleshoot if you are currently prevented from playing the game by the 0x00000001419101f1 error:
- Game version is outdated – As it turns out, oftentimes, you can expect to deal with this error in a situation where you’re not running the latest game version. If a new game update is available, install that first before attempting to launch the game once again.
- Missing admin access – If neither the launcher nor the main game has admin access, it’s probable that the connection with the game server won’t be formed. Make sure the game launcher is running with admin privileges in this situation.
- Nvidia Highlights is Enabled – The fundamental reason of this issue is frequently attributed to Nvidia Highlights, which is a notable feature. Whether you have this feature turned on, try momentarily turning it off to check if the issue still exists.
- On-demand texture streaming is enabled – On-demand texture streaming increases the color palette and makes colors more bright while allowing you to save space, but it also closely correlates with the development of this problem. If this option is turned on from the in-game menu, disable it to see if it helps.
- Inconsistent data inside the ‘players’ folder – If the 0x00000001419101f1 issue persists, you may also try deleting the “players” folder from the CoD Modern Warfare installation directory. It should be noted that this will work if you just began experiencing these issues after changing specific graphical-related settings.
- Corrupted game data – Several customers who saw the same kind of error stated that the problem was entirely resolved after forcing the primary launcher (Battle.Net) to examine the integrity of the game files and dependencies. If you haven’t already, start a Battle.net integrity check to determine if the issue has been resolved.
- G-Sync is enabled – If you’re using the G-Sync feature with an Nvidia GPU, you should know that this proprietary technology is known to cause these types of issues with the game. If using an Nvidia GPU, access the dedicated Control panel and disable the G-Sync feature.
- Operator glitch – If you attempt to join a multiplayer game and the error number 0x00000001419101f1 occurs, you can consider whether you are afflicted with Call of Duty’s famed “operator bug.” You can solve this problem by using a different operator.
- Outdated GPU drivers – It turns out that your PC may not be able to render Call of Duty: Modern Warfare if your GPU driver is out of date or if a physics module is missing. Before starting the game again, take the time to install the most recent driver versions if your GPU drivers are out-of-date.
- Game-Overlay conflict – It turns out that your PC may not be able to render Call of Duty: Modern Warfare if your GPU driver is out of date or if a physics module is missing. Before starting the game again, take the time to install the most recent driver versions if your GPU drivers are out-of-date. If that’s the case, disable the overlay software and see if the error is resolved.
Now that we have gone over every potential reason why you might experience this problem when playing COD: Modern Warfare, let’s explore e series of verified fixes that other affected users have successfully used to get to the bottom of this issue.
1. Update the game to the latest version
When you start looking into ways to fix this problem, the first thing you should do is make sure that you are using the most recent game version currently available.
Remember that Battle.net is infamous for being terrible at updating the instances of sub-games. This is most likely the situation with Warzone as well, given that it is most likely a sub-instance of either Call of Duty Modern Warfare or Call of Duty Vanguard.
If the preceding description fits your circumstances, there is a good chance that the 0x00000001419101f1 error is being caused by the fact that the version COD that you are attempting to launch is an older version than the most recent one that is available or that the most recent update did not install completely.
If the above scenario applies to your situation, you should be able to resolve the issue by utilizing Battle.net to coerce the game into doing a manual update.
To ensure that you are using the most recent version of Warzone, please ensure that you have followed all of the procedures outlined in the following instructions:
- First, shut down Warzone and any Call of Duty instances that could be active right now.
- Next, launch Battle.Net and sign in using your credentials.
- Select your Call of Duty Warzone from the library (the left-hand portion of the screen) while you’re within Battle.Net, then hit the Settings button (gear icon).
- Click Check for Updates on the context menu that just displayed.
- If a new game update is discovered, install it by following the on-screen instructions, then restart your computer.
- Launch the game normally again when the subsequent startup is finished to see if the issue has been resolved.
If the same issue is still occurring, move down to the next method below.
2. Run with admin access
Lack of admin access is another plausible explanation for why you can have the 0x00000001419101f1 problem on your computer.
Usually, machines running Windows 10 or Windows 11 with more harsh UAC (User Account Control) settings have this difficulty.
It’s likely that the connection with the game server won’t be made if neither the launcher nor the main game has admin rights.
Simply right-click the executable you need to start the game and select Run as Administrator from the context menu to see if this scenario applies and to repair the problem.
Note: Right-click the Battle.net shortcut if you’re starting the game that way.
The problem is resolved if the 0x00000001419101f1 error no longer appears when you run with administrator privileges. The only issue is that you’ll have to perform this process each time you start the game.
Fortunately, you can modify the Battle.net and main game executable’s properties to execute with administrator privileges even when they are accessed normally.
The steps listed below provide detailed information on how to accomplish this:
- Make careful to shut down all instances of Call of Duty and Battle.net.
- Battle.net should be selected from the context menu when you right-click it.
- Access the Compatibility tab from the group of menu options at the top of the main Battle.Net properties menu once you’re there.
- Go to the Settings section of the Compatibility tab and choose the Run this program as an administrator checkbox.
- To save the changes, press Apply.
- Apply the same procedures (2–5) to the Modern Warfare executable and see if the problem has been resolved.
Continue to the next possible solution if you’re still getting the 0x00000001419101f1 problem when attempting to connect to the game’s servers.
3. Disable Nvidia Highlights
A few gamers experiencing this issue with Nvidia GPU cards have now been able to fix it by turning off Nvidia Experience. It turns out that Nvidia Highlights is a significant feature commonly cited as the root cause of this problem.
You should check to see whether one of the two options is active on your computer’s setup and then disable it. Then, check to see if the 0x00000001419101f1 problem still occurs.
Here is a little explanation of how to accomplish it:
- Switch off the game and launch Nvidia Experience. Once inside, select the General tab from the list on the left. Make sure the toggle for the in-game overlay is set to Disable by moving over to the right side of the screen.
- Save your settings, then quit Nvidia Experience and launch Call of Duty: Modern Warfare once more.
- Once inside the game, select Options > Graphics and then scroll down to Nvidia Highlights. Change it to Disabled, and then save your settings.
- Check to check whether the problem has been fixed by restarting the game.
If you’re still getting the 0x00000001419101f1 error, go to the method afterward.
4. Disable on-demand texture streaming
The appearance of this error is strongly associated with on-demand texture streaming, even though it improves the color palette and makes colors more vibrant while allowing you to conserve space (especially for users who come from a limited Internet connection).
We recommend simply turning off this function if you frequently get the “packet burst” issue and monitoring the fault frequency.
For detailed instructions on how to achieve this, go to the list below:
IMPORTANT: Close all applications that consume a lot of bandwidth before continuing with the instructions below, and run a Speedtest on your internet connection to confirm that your Download speed is at least 11 MB/s and your Upload speed is at least 4.5 MB/s.
- Launch Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (via the standalone executable or via the launcher).
- Access the Settings menu once you’ve reached the game’s main menu.
- Select the On-Demand Texture Streaming option after choosing the Graphics sub-menu from the top of the screen.
- Toggle the On-Demand Texture Streaming option off from the following menu.
- Before attempting to connect to another COD: Modern Warfare server, after taking advantage of this opportunity, save the changes and restart the game.
- Try playing the game normally to check whether the issue has been resolved.
Continue to the next potential solution below if the issue is still not fixed.
5. Delete the ‘player’ folder inside My Documents
You may also try removing the “players” folder from CoD Modern Warfare install path to see if it resolves the 0x00000001419101f1 problem. Your issue should be resolved after that, albeit you may need to reset several game settings that were reset to default.
It should be noted that this will work if you started having these problems as soon as you modified certain graphical-related settings.
If you don’t know how to remove the “players” folder, do as follows:
- Go to your computer’s Documents folder in File Explorer.
- Access the Call of Duty Modern Warfare folder within the Documents folder, then use the right-click menu to choose “Delete” after selecting the players folder.
- Launch the game after that, customize the parameters as desired, and then test it to see whether the issue still occurs.
If this repair doesn’t resolve your Call of Duty Modern Warfare 0x00000001419101f1 issue, move on to the next one.
6. Deploy an integrity check
If you’ve reached this point without finding a workable solution, your next step should be to make sure that this problem isn’t being caused by a more fundamental game corruption problem.
After forcing the primary launcher (Battle.Net) to check the game files’ and dependencies’ integrity, several users who were experiencing the same type of error reported that the issue was completely fixed.
If you haven’t previously attempted this cure, adhere to the directions below for details on how to start a Warzone game repair process using the in-game Battle.Net settings:
- Verify that Call of Duty is shut off completely and not active in the background.
- Launch Battle.Net and log in using the username and password associated with the game.
- Select the game by clicking on it in the left-hand area of the main Battle.Net interface.
- To verify the file integrity and fix Call of Duty, click Settings (the gear symbol), then select Scan and Repair (from the context menu that just appeared).
- Confirm the operation at the subsequent prompt, then be patient while the scan and repair process is carried out.
- Restart the game when the procedure is finished to determine if the issue has been resolved.
If the issue persists, scroll down to the next potential fix below.
7. Disable G-Sync
As it turns out, the emergence of the 0x00000001419101f1 issue might also be caused by the G-Sync feature.
Note: Nvidia uses G-sync, a patented adaptive sync technology, to avoid screen tearing and the requirement for third-party software substitutes like Vsync.
However, user reports indicate that this technology may occasionally result in COD Modern Warfare instability, ultimately resulting in the 0x00000001419101f1 problem.
Several afflicted users who attributed G-Sync to their inability to play their game have stated that they can now play regularly after turning off the G-Sync function using the Nvidia Control Panel menu.
Important: Remember that screen tearing will increase significantly if G-Sync is off when using an Nvidia visual card. Still, it’s preferable than not playing the game at all given how frequently this error occurs.
Here is a simple tutorial on how to use Control Panel to disable the G-sync feature:
- Right-click anyplace on your desktop that isn’t occupied, and then select Nvidia Control Panel from the pop-up context menu that appears.
- As soon as you are in the Nvidia Control panel, look to the left and select Manage 3D settings. Then, go to the right side, choose the Program Settings tab, and then click Add.
- Select the Call of Duty Modern Warfare executable from the following menu to add it to the Manage 3D Settings.
- Set the Vertical sync to Off after choosing the appropriate executable from the list of custom video settings.
- Once G-Sync has been turned off, save the modifications, then relaunch the game to see whether the issue has been fixed.
If the problem is still not resolved, move down to the next method below.
8. Change the active operator
If you try to join a multiplayer game and the 0x00000001419101f1 error code appears, you might think about the possibility that you are experiencing the infamous “operator glitch” on Call of Duty (if the approach described above did not resolve your issue).
So basically, if you try to begin the game using an operator who has been transferred from Cold War, you may expect this issue. Garcia is the operator that has been reported to cause this mistake the most frequently.
If the problem is caused by an operator imported from Cold War, you may probably resolve it by selecting a different operator from the list below by going to the Operators category in the ribbon menu at the top of the screen.
Try to join another multiplayer game once again to check whether the problem has been resolved after switching your operator and making sure your loadout DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY ITEMS ORIGINALLY RELEASED FOR Call of Duty COLD WAR.
If the same sort of problem is still present, proceed to the next possible solution below.
9. Update GPU drivers
As it turns out, an outdated GPU driver or a missing physics module can also prohibit your PC from rendering Call of Duty Modern Warfare.
It turns out that the game is not very excellent at providing you an error that will help you solve the problem right now.
If you open Call of Duty Modern Warfare via Steam and nothing occurs, you can presume that this is because your GPU drivers are out-of-date or partially corrupted and lack some essential dependencies that the game actively uses.
The problem should be resolved by upgrading the GPU drivers and the physics module that controls the in-game mechanics.
If this situation applies to you and you haven’t recently updated your GPU drivers, follow the procedures below to delete your current GPU drivers and reinstall the most recent ones before trying to run the game again:
- To bring up the Run dialog box, press Windows key + R.
- To access Device Manager, enter the command “devmgmt.msc” in the execute text box and click the Enter key.
- Once within Device Manager, extend the drop-down menu for Display Adapters by scrolling down through the list of installed devices.
- Update the driver by selecting it from the context menu when you right-click the GPU driver you wish to update in the following menu.
- You must upgrade the dedicated and integrated GPU drivers if your computer has both.
- Select Search Automatically for new driver software from the following option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the most recent GPU driver found by the first scan when it is finished.
- After the procedure is finished, restart your computer and try to start Call of Duty Modern Warfare at the next system startup to check whether you can now.Note: To upgrade your existing graphics drivers, you should turn to the proprietary software provided by the maker of your graphics card if Device Manager was unsuccessful in finding a new GPU driver version. Depending on the maker of your GPU, the following software is required:GeForce Experience – Nvidia
Adrenalin – AMD
Intel Driver – Intel
Continue to the next method below if the same kind of problem is still present or if your GPU drivers are already up to date.
10. Disable active overlay software
The likelihood of a conflict causing COD: Modern Warfare to crash while the screen is being recorded or when a screen overlay is recognized on screen is high if the 0x00000001419101f1 problem only occurs when you attempt to utilize software like OBS or Nvidia Highlights.
Although a few hotfixes have been published by the developers to address this issue, some users continue to report it.
Fortunately, if two competing overlay tools are to blame for the issue, you should be able to resolve it by turning off the unnecessary in-game overlay or deleting it completely.
In the majority of instances that have been recorded, a conflict arises between OBS and Nvidia Experience or between OBS and the Discord in-game overlay.
If you want to avoid a clash between the Nvidia Experience overlay and Discord overlay, use the first or second sub-guide in the recommendations below to deactivate the in-game overlay feature from those two programs.
The third guide should be used if you don’t actually require a second overlay tool and only want to get rid of it (third sub-guide).
10.1. Disable Dicord’s Overlay
You must open the App Settings and disable the overlay option under User Settings if you’re utilizing a Discord overlay feature.
How to accomplish it is as follows:
- Start by shutting down each instance of the game as well as the launcher you used to start it.
- Open the Discord app next.
Note: To bring the Discord window forward if you can’t immediately see the expert screen, open the system tray and double-click on the icon.
- Search for the User settings (gear icon) in the window’s bottom portion once you’ve entered the Discord client.
- Click the Overlay tab in the User Settings panel’s vertical menu on the left (under App Settings).
- Turn off the toggle next to Enable in-game overlay in the Overlay menu.
- Launch the game again to see whether the issue has been resolved after saving your modifications in Discord.
10.2. Disable Nvidia Overlay
You must turn off Nvidia overlay from the options menu if you only have this problem when utilizing it.
Here’s how to do this:
- Start by closing the game instance and the launcher that is behind it.
- Open Nvidia Experience next, then choose the Gebneral tab from the next-hand menu.
- Disable the toggle for the In-Game overlay by moving to the left menu.
- Save the modifications when this adjustment has been applied, then shut off Nvidia Experience.
- Try launching the game once again to check whether the issue has been resolved.
10.3. Uninstall the active 3rd party overlay
A certain approach to stop the conflict from happening again if you’re using a different overlay feature but don’t really like it or use it any longer is to just delete the overlay software.
To achieve this, adhere to the directions below:
- To bring up the Run dialog box, press Windows key + R. Then, enter “appwiz.cpl” to launch the Programs and Features menu.
- If you are prompted by the User Account Control (UAC), click Yes to grant admin access.
- Locate the overlay program you want to remove by scrolling down the list of installed apps in the Programs and Features menu.
- When you find it, right-click on it and select Uninstall from the context menu that just opened.
- Follow the remaining instructions on the uninstallation screen to finish the process, then restart your computer.
- Launch Call of Duty Modern Warfare once more when the procedure is finished to verify if the issue has been resolved.