There are different servers for all sorts of different purposes. Users will require a different nickname on the class discussion server rather than the gaming nickname on the gaming server. The nickname can be changed in the discord server. The nickname changing option can be accessed through multiple methods. It can be changed multiple times without any issues. However, it is only possible if the user has permission for changing the nickname on that server.
Changing Your Nickname in a Server
The nickname feature is only available for servers. You can customize your name differently in each server that you are in. Some servers may have disabled the permission for changing nicknames. You won’t be able to change your nickname without permission from the server.
Admins of the discord server can also change the nickname for other users on that server. This can be good for renaming the users with bad nicknames. Follow the below steps to check different methods for changing nicknames in discord servers:
- Open Discord application by double-clicking the shortcut or searching it through the Windows search feature.
- Now select the Server from the left pane where you want to change the nickname. Click on the server’s name and choose the Change Nickname option in the context menu.
- Now simply type a new nickname for yourself and click on the Save button to apply it.
- You can also use access this option by right-clicking on the user in the right pane and choosing the Change Nickname option.
- Another way is to simply right-click on the username in the messaging area and choose the Change Nickname option.
- You can also change your nickname by using a command in the message area. Type the following command, then type your new nickname and press Enter key to apply.
The nickname and the username on discord are two different names. Usernames work a bit differently than the nicknames in discord. Your friend list will be able to see the username in DMs and friend list. Unlike the nickname, you cannot have different usernames for different servers.