When the printer doesn’t prints black ink, the most likely reason is the print head nozzles which when clogged prevents it from releasing black ink onto the paper. It may also stop printing black if the black ink has run out or if the blank ink cartridge is clogged.
Following this guide, you will be able to clean the nozzles and do basic troubleshooting which may help restore the black ink functionality.
To begin the cleaning process follow the steps below:
1. Power on the printer.
2. Ensure that there are 5 or more A4 size papers in the tray.
3. Open the paper output tray (B) and the output tray extension (A)
6. Select “Deep Cleaning” and press the OK button.
7. Confirm your selecting by selecting YES and then press the OK button. This will begin cleaning, wait until the cleaning finishes before performing any other operations. It usually takes, 3 minutes.
8. After you see the pattern print confirmation on screen, press OK.