Using Favorites In Internet Explorer 10
In this guide i will walk you through Internet Explorer 10 keyboard short cuts, adding and using favorite along with viewing and setting up various explorer bars for ease of access while using Internet Explorer 10. Favorites are very useful to mark important sites for accessing them later on. It is a must use feature for everyone as it makes life much easier to access sites instantly when you need them just by viewing your favorites list.
How To Add Websites and Pages To Favorites
To add websites and pages to favorites follow the steps below:
1. Assuming you already have the page open OR site open which needs to be added to your favorites the first step is to click the STAR icon besides the settings wheel.
2. The next step is to click on the Add To Favorites button. You will then be prompted with an Add To Favourite pop-up menu, Click Add to place the webpage into your favorites.
3. In the Create In section on the pop-up, you can also sort out favorites by specifying folders where the favorite will be placed.
4. Alternatively, you may also add it using the shortcut by hitting the CTRL + D keys on your keyboard to get to the pop-up directly.
Setting Up The Favorites Bar
The Favorites bar once setup will bring a box containing all your favorites to the left of Internet Explorer 10.
1. To bring the Favorite Bar up Go to View – Explorer Bar -> Favorites. By default, this option is hidden but you can retrieve it by hitting the Alt key on your keyboard.
2. The shortcut key to bring the Favorite Bar up is Ctrl+Shift+I.
3. To add Pages to Favorites, you can also drag the site to favorites bar as well.
Internet Explorer 10 allows you to export and import favorites incase you decide to switch to a different browser, where you’ll need your favorites back OR you decided to move computer. This feature comes in handy.
To import or export favorites follow the simple steps below.
1. Click File (or alt key on your keyboard to pull down the menu)
2. Select import and export
3. Select Export To A File and Click Next
4. Select Favorites and Click Next.
5. Click Next. You will be shown the default location and the name usually “Bookmark.htm” where the favorites file will be saved. Remember this location as you will need it when reimporting Favorites or copying them when moving systems.
6. Click Export and then Click Finish.