A new Cumulative Update for the most recent versions of Windows 10 OS, namely v1903 and v1909, has been released. Microsoft has released a non-security-relevant update which includes several feature improvements, but most importantly, it attempts to address quite a few issues with the Windows Search and other internal platforms.
Microsoft has released a new cumulative update for the two most recent versions of Windows 10. The new Cumulative Update, also referred to as C-Update, is meant for the Windows 10 May Update and the Windows 10 November Update. In other words, the non-security Cumulative Update KB4535996 attempts to fix several bugs inside Windows 10 v1903 and v1909.
Windows 10 v1903 and v1909 Get Non-Security Cumulative Update KB4535996:
The new non-security Cumulative Update KB4535996 is meant for the Windows 10 May Update and the Windows 10 November Update. The update fixes bugs that appeared after the regular February 2020 patch day, as well as some older issues which remained unfixed. The latest Cumulative Update brings up the build number of Windows 10 version 1903 to 18362.693, and Windows 10 version 1909 to 18363.693.
— Winaero (@winaero) February 28, 2020
The Knowledge Base of the non-security Cumulative Update KB4535996 contains the details of the same. The most notable mention of the update appears to be a fix for the long-suffering Windows 10 Search platform. However, in addition to fixing Windows Search, the update also addresses bugs with virtual machines, Windows activation and printers as well.
Microsoft has cautioned that the latest Service Stack Update (SSU KB4538674) should be installed before the Latest Cumulative Update (LCU) is downloaded and installed. The update appears to be automatic, and hence, Windows 10 users on relevant versions should automatically receive the latest SSU if it is not yet installed. However, the operating system users can also get the standalone package for the latest SSU by searching for the same in the Microsoft Update Catalog. Microsoft has made the independent package for the cumulative update available.
— ghacksnews (@ghacks) February 28, 2020
Non-Security Cumulative Update KB4535996 Feature Improvements And Bug-Fixes:
- Updates an issue that prevents the voice platform application from opening for several minutes in a high noise environment.
- Updates an issue that reduces image quality in the Windows Mixed Reality (WMR) home environment.
- Updates an issue that may prevent ActiveX content from loading.
- Improves battery performance in the modern standby.
- Updates an issue that causes Microsoft Narrator to stop working if a user session lasts longer than 30 minutes.
- Resolves an issue where an unwanted keyboard layout is added as the default after an upgrade even if you have already removed it.
- Updates an issue that prevents the Windows search box from displaying correctly.
- Addresses an issue that prevents the user interface from displaying correctly with the printer settings.
- Updates an issue that prevents some applications from printing to network printers.
- Addresses an issue that could cause usbvideo.sys to stop working when a device resumes from suspend or hibernation after using the camera application or Windows Hello.
- Addresses an issue that causes the installation process to stop responding when Windows is installed on a guest VMware computer that has a USB 3.0 hub attached.
- Addresses an issue in the Windows Activation Troubleshooter that prevents users from reactivating their copy of Windows using the product key stored in their Managed Service Account (MSA).