Microsoft has spent an entire summer on testing Windows 10 November 2019 Update and we all have been waiting for the next feature update of Windows 10 for months. Now the wait is over and Microsoft is all set to release it. The update is expected to land tomorrow, Tuesday, November 12th.
Microsoft has already made it clear that the update is not going to be a major feature update. The Insiders Builds revealed that Microsoft plans to introduce some new features and bug fixes as a part of the Windows 10 November 2019 update.
Having said that, the update will improve the battery life of some Windows 10 systems. The improvement means a lot for those who are frequently working on the go. Moreover, some other major changes included in this update are related to Microsoft Shell.
Users will no longer have to open their Calendar app to add events. The capability will be available directly through the fly-out menu. Furthermore, the November 2019 update will allow you to get in touch with the third digital assistants on your lock screen.
Finally, Microsoft is redesigning Windows 10 File Explorer as well. Moreover, it will let you sort your files regardless of the fact that they are stored in the cloud or locally on your device.
How To Prepare Your Device For November 2019 Update
Although Windows 10 November update is nothing more than a small cumulative update, still you need to free up some space (If you don’t have already) to install the update.
According to Microsoft, you can install May/November 2019 Update on your system if you have at least 32GB storage. It is better if you clean the Windows Update cache and temporary files to free up some disk space. Windows 10 users can use the Storage Sense app for that purpose.
Steps To Download The Windows 10 November 2019 Update Early
If you are someone who is really excited to get the Windows November 2019 Update today, we have a workaround for you. Microsoft allows Windows 10 users who are a part of the Windows Insider program to download it early.
However, It is best to wait for an official release in case you are planning to install it on your production machine. Keep in mind that you might experience some bugs that can break your production machines in some cases.
Note: It is recommended that you should create a backup of your system before joining the Windows Insider Program.
Those who want to continue should follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the Windows Insider website, click Become An insider.
- Use your Microsoft account to Sign in. Those who don’t have an account should click the Create one option on the Sign-in page.
- Once you have completed the sign-in process, open the Start menu and click Settings.
- Select Update & Security, and then click the Windows Insider Programme option available at the bottom of the left pane.
- Click Get Started > Next > Confirm to begin the installation process. You will see a prompt to reboot your system.
- Once you have completed the reboot process, open the Settings window.
- Click Update & Security then Windows Insider Programme.
- On this Window, you are required to select your Windows Insider level.
- Click Fast from the list of options and install the latest update when prompted.
Now you are a part of the Windows Insider program and Windows 10 November 2019 update should be running on your machine.