Microsoft on the 14th of this month released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17738 (Redstone 5) for Windows Insiders in the Fast Ring. The announcement came through this Windows blog where further details regarding the release are available. The Build includes several important changes, improvements and bug fixes for PC. The most significant issue fix is that WSL’s tar and curl commands are now working on x86 devices.
The following are some of the bug fixes offered through this Build:
- On Windows 10 in S Mode, Office in the Store will no more fail to be launched with a .dll error.
- Downloading a huge file in Microsoft Edge would not end at 4gb mark now.
- The issue of ‘clicking the “more” button in Microsoft Edge’s inline definition pop up when reading in recent flights would open a blank pane’ now fixed
- Items in Microsoft Edge’s Settings and More menu would not become truncated anymore when the option to increase text size was enabled in Settings.
- Using Find on page in Microsoft Edge now highlights/selects the current instance of the result.
- After resetting Microsoft Edge saved favorites would not get stuck
- Issue fixed where text copied from certain websites in Microsoft Edge couldn’t be pasted into other UWP apps.
- Issue fixed of impacting Teams resulting all unsent typed text disappearing following the completion of an emoji composition
- Issue fixed from recent flights where hiberfil.sys would unexpectedly reappear after upgrading even if it had been disabled.
- WSL’s tar and curl commands now working on x86 devices.
- Text prediction and shapewriting now working when typing in Russian using the touch keyboard.
- Amount of time taken to open large files in Notepad when word wrap was enabled reduced
This build is a part of RS5_RELEASE fork which will open in Windows 10 V1809 in the fall of 2018.