Windows 10 has a background slideshow feature which facilitates the users to change their desktop background images periodically. You can also set the time span of a particular photo inside the slideshow. Photos get changed after that particular time period. This is a very unique feature and makes the desktop background dynamic by eliminating the need of changing background image manually.
There is an issue reported against the Desktop background slidesho the background doesn’t change when the laptops/tablets are unplugged from the power source. It happens on laptow on laptops/tablets thatps/tablets only as they run on the battery. This is not a bug as just by doing some changes in the settings; Desktop background slideshow can be enabled on battery mode too.
How to Fix this Issue?
As I mentioned before, this is not an error or bug inside Window 10 and it can be altered inside the Power settings of the laptop or tablet. Follow the steps below to fix it.
1. Go to Power and sleep settings by clicking on up-facing arrow icon located at the right of taskbar and selecting from the menu. You can also search for Power and sleep settings using Cortana.
2. Inside the Power and sleep settings, click on the Additional power settings from the right pane and click on Change plan settings.
3. Click on Change advanced power settings as shown in the image below.
4. Inside Power Options window, expand the Desktop background settings and expand its child i.e. Slide show by clicking on the + sign
5. There, you will see the option labeled as On battery. It would be set as Paused. Click over it and select Available followed by Apply and OK buttons respectively. Now, your background slideshow will change after a specified time whether your laptop/tablet is unplugged or not.