Microsoft has already rolled out Windows 10 November 2019 Update to users with some minor improvements and new features. Although Microsoft has spent an entire summer testing the feature update, it seems like the new version is still plagued by different issues.
There were reports that some Windows 10 devices with Realtek Bluetooth drivers are experiencing problems while installing the update. Those Windows 10 users who are running an outdated version of the driver see the following message:
“Realtek Bluetooth: Your PC has a driver or service that isn’t ready for this version of Windows 10“.
According to Microsoft, Windows 10 November 2019 Update has compatibility issues with some Realtek Bluetooth Radio drivers. The incompatibility issue forced Microsoft to block the latest version of affected devices.
“To safeguard your update experience, we have applied a compatibility hold on devices with affected driver versions for Realtek Bluetooth radios from installing Windows 10, version 1909 or Windows 10, version 1903 until the driver has been updated.”
Fortunately, Microsoft has also suggested a workaround to fix this issue. Microsoft recommends its users should install the Realtek Bluetooth driver version 1.5.1.012 to remove the safeguard hold.
Install The Latest Realtek Bluetooth drivers To Remove The Upgrade Block
Microsoft explains that an automatic update is not available for some reason. However, you can manually update the drivers by following the steps mentioned below:
- Download the Realtek Bluetooth radio drivers [Driver 1, Driver 2] to any folder in your PC, preferably your Documents folder.
- Type File Explorer in the search box to open it and navigate to the folder where you have downloaded the drivers.
- Double click the first downloaded file to open it. Press Ctrl+A to select all the files and right-click on any of them.
- Create a New Folder named Realtek Bluetooth 1 and click Extract.
- Repeat steps 3,4 for the second driver file in the same folder.
- Now type Device Manager in the search box and click to open it from the list of search results.
- Go to Bluetooth, look for your Realtek device and right-click on it.
- Select Update Driver Software, click Browse my computer and find the folder where you have extracted the driver files.
- Click the Next button to install the latest drivers.
Once the update process is complete, you can now install the latest version of Windows 10 on your system. Have you experienced similar issues while updating your machine? Let us know in the comments section below.