Microsoft released Windows 10 November 2019 Update as a part of this month’s patch Tuesday cycle. The feature update brings a new File Explorer search experience and Favored Cores for Windows 10 users.
However, the update seems to be quiet problematic and many users are still struggling to install the update. Notably, some computers with Qualcomm WiFi adapters are one of them and they failed to update their systems with a following error message:
“Qualcomm wifi driver: Your PC has a driver that isn’t ready for this version of Windows 10. A new version is available.“
If you are experiencing a similar problem, you are not alone. As a matter of fact, Microsoft has blocked the update on systems running Windows 10 November 2012 Update. In addition, the upgrade block has also affected other versions of Windows including Windows 10 v1903 and v1809.
Driver Compatibility Issues
As always the latest iteration of Windows 10 is affected by compatibility issues yet again. Microsoft explains that Qualcomm Wi-Fi adapters have compatibility issues with the aforementioned Windows 10 versions.
“Microsoft has identified compatibility issues with some driver versions for certain Qualcomm Wi-Fi adapters. Devices with affected driver versions might experience loss of Wi-Fi connectivity after updating to a newer version of Windows 10.“
Microsoft issues an advisory that you should manually check for the driver updates and install the latest version as soon as possible. To check for updates go to Device Manager > Network Adapter > right-click Qualcomm Adapter > Update.
If your system fails to find the latest version, you still have the option to manually install the drivers.
How To Install Latest Qualcomm WiFi Adapter Drivers On Windows 10
- First, you need to download the WiFi adapter drivers on your PC.
- Save the downloaded driver file in your Documents folder.
- Once the download process is complete, go to the Documents folder and open the file.
- Press Ctrl + A to select all the files.
- Right-click on one of those files and click the Extract button.
- Here you need to create a new folder Qualcomm WiFi Drivers and click the Extract button.
- Simultaneously, press the Window + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Type devmgmt.msc and press the OK button to open Device Manager.
- Look for an entry named Killer Wireless Network Adapter or Qualcomm Wireless Network Adapter in the Network Adapters section.
- Right-click on the Adapter, click Update and use the browse option to find the folder where you saved the drivers.
- Click the OK button to start the process and finally restart your system to apply the changes.
Once you have installed the latest drivers on your system, you can now install Windows 10 v1909 on your system.
It is highly recommended that you should avoid forced installation with the Media Creation Tool without installing the latest drivers. Keep in mind that a forced installation can result in serious problems.